Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My poor heart would really appreciate about 6 more insurance runs

Reactions: Summer Rose

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
But this would be back to back first round exits after winning the West and a 100 games for the 2nd year in a row. Can't see how he wouldn't be on the hot seat at least. Dodgers spend too much money just to be one and done in the postseason. I can see his seat getting warm if they lose.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We've had like 8 ''Roberts should be on the hot seat if they lose'' post-season series it seems, the Dodgers have lost most of them, and he survived them all.

Losing in the NLDS back to back years? Yeah no that won’t cut it. 2022 they lost in the NLCS which I get but another first round exit?

The fanbase will want Dave Roberts out, especially ownership.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I guess I don't know what Dave Roberts is supposed to do when his starting pitching goes to shit and Mookie and Freddie just kinda disappear. Is that on Dave Roberts? I don't know. Firing him seems like making a change to make a change.

I thought he did well to go to his bullpen early tonight to still give them a chance to win. And they had traffic on the bases, they just couldn't get timely hits. His pitching changes all seemed to work, the Dbacks didn't get anything except a solo home run after he took Miller out.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Bigger problem seems to be that you have May, Gonsolin and Buehler on IR, Urias with what he did, and the only piece they really brought in to remedy all that was Lance Lynn. Not much you can do when Kershaw gets shelled, but in an ideal world (for the Dodgers), Miller isn't starting tonight anyway. They also seem to be finally losing offensive talent faster than they can replenish it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I guess I don't know what Dave Roberts is supposed to do when his starting pitching goes to shit and Mookie and Freddie just kinda disappear. Is that on Dave Roberts? I don't know. Firing him seems like making a change to make a change.

I thought he did well to go to his bullpen early tonight to still give them a chance to win. And they had traffic on the bases, they just couldn't get timely hits. His pitching changes all seemed to work, the Dbacks didn't get anything except a solo home run after he took Miller out.
of course it's not all on roberts. i think he actually managed a great game tonight

but someone has to be the scapegoat and it's not going to be the players. outside of 2020, betts has been the definition of unclutch in the playoffs but he's not going anywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad