Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
With Colorado now having the Panthers 1st and Montreals 2nd round picks I think there is a good chance Colorado trades one of them for a Sign and trade Sharagovich.

Sharangovich + Devils 2nd round 58th pick

For

Montreal 2nd round 37th pick

I'm guessing.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
honestly its just a fun hobby for me. im in a number of different circles that like to talk prospects so its a great chance to hang with them and keep myself busy when i have some downtime. and keeping it a hobby i think makes me feel comfortable, say, going a week without doing it, or not having to put reports out regularly. i know i popped in this thread a little bit prior to the last couple weeks but it was pretty intermittent, i dont like feeling i have a responsibility to do this, i think id get tired of it. that said, the thrill of seeing someone you spent the year rooting for get drafted by your own team is pretty hard to match, even if i dial it back one day i dont think id ever want to go dark on the draft. and i never intend for it to get as big as it does lol the top 50 turns into a top 75 and then into a 100. keep having new names pop up as the year progresses that i dont wanna leave out
it`s a strange feeling, I feeling about a need and a duty, too. It`s my hobby too, but again, I just surprising that you have time and power for 100 players. It's fascinating. I like prospects\draft community, at least most part of it who can live with... every prospects). And at the same time, every year I think that this year I will go into the dark, I will not do this agian, I will sort it out, but here we are at the draft, and we are again discussing who has the most suitable floor, who has the most impressive ceiling, who has what red flags, and what philosophy should be in the draft.
I am like an unrepentant sinner who promises in confession, but returns to sin again.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
That's fair but I think you have to let the goalie prospects develop before you write them all off. At this point isn't Schmid the oldest one at 22 or 23? Daws, Malek, and Brennan are all in the line behind Schmid. Maybe none are great but they are all too young to close the book on them. NJ seems to take a goalie prospect each year and I expect this year will be no exception.
I’m not writing them off, i just know it’s not safe to assume that one of them will end up a #1 G. Recent cup winners have proven you can win without the big franchise goalie. On the other hand, Blackwood has proven that just cuz a guy has one breakout year doesn’t mean he’s guaranteed to be an average or better goalie.

So all we’re left with is a serviceable 1B at best in Vanecek, a good AHL goalie in Daws who’s struggled in the NHL, and a wild card in Schmid who could be a franchise G or out of the league in 18 months. I want more!

edit: and Tyler Brennan, whoever that is :sarcasm:

Reactions: Nubmer6 and My3Sons

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
it`s a strange feeling, I feeling about a need and a duty, too. It`s my hobby too, but again, I just surprising that you have time and power for 100 players. It's fascinating. I like prospects\draft community, at least most part of it who can live with... every prospects). And at the same time, every year I think that this year I will go into the dark, I will not do this agian, I will sort it out, but here we are at the draft, and we are again discussing who has the most suitable floor, who has the most impressive ceiling, who has what red flags, and what philosophy should be in the draft.
I am like an unrepentant sinner who promises in confession, but returns to sin again.
I hung it up mostly due to time constraints, but some of the increasing negativity and herd mentality in the draft community certainly contributed. I miss it, and I miss all of you guys on HFBoards, but I don't miss getting paid for hundreds of hours of work.

What don't I miss? Watching a player for 35 games and writing several detailed pages about what makes him a terrific prospect, only to have someone who has never watched him play say the kid will be a bust because he looked at his stat sheet once or read a "draft writer" who has never watched him play but just goes by stats alone. That was increasingly frustrating to me in recent years.

As you know, I've followed you on Twitter all year, and I feel your draft analysis has been outstanding. I hope you stick with it, because you're really terrific at what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad