GDT: 2023 NHL Draft Day #2 - Nashville, TN - 8:00am (AZ) - Rounds 2-7 - NHLN, ESPN+

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I mean look at the last few later rounds. The group's picks have been solid. Got to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Part of it could be that players from Russia, Czech, etc. have a lot less exposure to NA sports media and therefor do not have the built in prejudice towards the Coyotes the way many North American players do. Gotta admit NA hockey community is pretty f***ing toxic towards the Coyotes.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
So much for "no way they make all these picks". Given the timeline on so many of our big selections, would have been nice to trade some for more help now.

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So much for "no way they make all these picks". Given the timeline on so many of our big selections, would have been nice to trade some for more help now.
Apparently teams are giving players away for nothing. If u need cap space u need cap space. Also looks like a lot of players who would normally be offered a contract wont be and will become ufa’s.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Weird draft. We go from “we’re gonna use some draft capital to try and get better now” last week to “let’s use all of our picks on a bunch of projects cuz they’re all just so tall”

But at the same time literally no one made any trades around the league so maybe there was just no appetite for them.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Not quite the draft I was hoping for, though I do have a fair bit of excitement for But. Also think they came away with good Goaltending. Only two players that my draft had in common with the Yotes were tenders.
I did not get to watch nearly as much as I usually do this year, but still gave it a shot

6OV- Matvei Michkov
12OV- Zach Benson
38th- Michael Hrabal
70th- Juraj Pekarcik
72nd- Noah Dower Nilsson
81st- Cameron Allen
88th- Alexander Rykov
102nd- Jesse Nurmi
134th- Ondrej Molnar
160th- Anthony Romani
162nd- Carsen Musser
166th- Kocha Delic