NBA 2023 NBA playoff thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Malik Monk is proof that Charlotte has no clue how to develop players.

Incredible crowd in Sactown. Probably the best playoff game I've seen since Cavs won the championship. If we're lucky we get 7 games of this series.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
was expecting to see a lot more warriors fans in the stands than i saw on TV. thought it'd be pretty close to 50-50 but seemed more like 95-5 in favor of kings fans

this is going to be a fun series

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
If Kings lost game 1 they weren't winning the series for sure...now I think they have a fighting chance

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
was expecting to see a lot more warriors fans in the stands than i saw on TV. thought it'd be pretty close to 50-50 but seemed more like 95-5 in favor of kings fans

this is going to be a fun series
Was thinking the same thing, not even necessarily from Warriors fans traveling but also bandwagon fans of there's who live in Sacramento. I guess the hunger Kings fans had for playoff basketball after 17 years was enough though.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I hate that play. I don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done about the charge/block stuff.

7 foot DPOY candidate slides under to take a charge instead of actually playing defense and the offensive player gets hurt. It's not the first time and won't be the last. It's not basketball.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The roads to Western finals look very different.

One side is loaded and the other full of holes.

Eazy W finals for Lakers

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I know it just been the first half... but say the Warriors win it all again...Curry starts moving up quite a bit in the all time lists right...if he keeps up his longevity he could pass Lebron
One of the dumbest things ever posted on the internet.

That was incredible threater. Can't believe Curry missed.
Missing at the end of a close game is what he does regularly. He's statistically one of the least clutch players in NBA history

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I hate that play. I don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done about the charge/block stuff.

7 foot DPOY candidate slides under to take a charge instead of actually playing defense and the offensive player gets hurt. It's not the first time and won't be the last. It's not basketball.
What on earth are you talking about dude?

Davis got to the spot first and Morant was out of control. It's been part of basketball as long as it's been a sport. If anything they don't call enough player control fouls in the NBA. Are players supposed to automatically get a layup just from beating their man 20 feet from the basket?

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
One of the dumbest things ever posted on the internet.

Missing at the end of a close game is what he does regularly. He's statistically one of the least clutch players in NBA history
Yup, and KD did the heavier lifting with the game on the line when he was a Warrior. Steph is definitely top 10, but nowhere near Lebron. Speaking of Steph and KD, remember how Steph, despite being the reigning 2 time MVP, was no longer even the best player on his team when KD became a Warrior? Curry is great, but not top 5 all time great.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yup, and KD did the heavier lifting with the game on the line when he was a Warrior. Steph is definitely top 10, but nowhere near Lebron. Speaking of Steph and KD, remember how Steph, despite being the reigning 2 time MVP, was no longer even the best player on his team when KD became a Warrior? Curry is great, but not top 5 all time great.
Yeah absolutely, he's not. Unbelievable shooter, but nowhere near the all around impact as the best players ever.

As you said, it was obvious who the better player was when he and Durant were both on GS. The Warriors would run complicated plays, all to find Curry an open shot, while KD would just pick up the same points just in the flow of the offense.

The other thing that is never discussed is how fortunate Curry was to be in the team situation he's been in over the last decade. There are a lot of alternate timelines where the guy never wins an MVP or makes it to the finals. Every finals appearance GS has had without Durant, they were statistically the best defense in the league, and Curry has basically nothing to do with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad