The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Great to have Rizzo back.I couldn't stomach another season of Voit at 1st

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Correa to Twins, thanks to the Yankees.

Cashman continues to show the Yankees are a poverty franchise that doesn't actually make smart big moves that would help them.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007

Cashman continues to show the Yankees are a poverty franchise that doesn't actually make smart big moves that would help them.
It's totally bizarro world now. Cohen is spending on the Mets and putting them in position to win even if those moves are risky, while the Yankees are pinching pennies and are acting very risk adverse.

It's like the Mets are being run like a George Steinbrenner philosophy while the Yankees are bring run like the Wilpons ran the Mets.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

I hate Cashman but signing Correa makes no sense for the Yankees. We have two of the better SS prospects in the game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Can't wait for how Cashman/Steinbrenner are going to spin not being able to get Story. I swear they just float their interest out there to maintain an image of "we can if we wanted to" all the while having 0 interest in it to begin with.

Inb4 "out of budget"

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Can't wait for how Cashman/Steinbrenner are going to spin not being able to get Story. I swear they just float their interest out there to maintain an image of "we can if we wanted to" all the while having 0 interest in it to begin with.

Inb4 "out of budget"
They already used that excuse to sign Rizzo instead of Freeman.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
The Yankees not spending as much is one thing, but you have to have a good farm system and play good, fundamental baseball to back that up. Their roster looks old, slow, and overly reliant on homeruns. It’s funny how they rebuilt the roster a few years ago and are now having the same problem as before.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Great so mlb and players agreed to starting a man on 2nd in the 10th again. Hated that, so artificial and ‘east’ to score. At least no 7 inning double headers because a contingent of players (relievers) would be against that and it can hurt offensive power numbers too.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
deGrom already dealing with a shoulder. Not good. His body just can't handle what he tries to put it through. Not to be overly dramatic, but it really feels like he's going to be severely diminished by injury for the rest of his playing days.

I guess all that stuff about "he was a SS for so long, his arm will last forever!" was just wishful thinking on our parts. :laugh:

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
deGrom already dealing with a shoulder. Not good. His body just can't handle what he tries to put it through. Not to be overly dramatic, but it really feels like he's going to be severely diminished by injury for the rest of his playing days.

I guess all that stuff about "he was a SS for so long, his arm will last forever!" was just wishful thinking on our parts. :laugh:
That's what his issue was last season too? He already did the rest thing which really makes you wonder how he'll get past this. Lingering problems can really limit effectiveness unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad