Series Talk: 2023 IIHF Worlds

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
David Quinn with the OT magic again....lol
im not bashing you or your post in particular Tiburon, but I wonder why DQ gets drug through the mud when the teams he typically gets aren’t very good? Like, I can blame the coach of a team with a lot of talent because it’s like hey, other coaches have done far better with less. When you’re a coach who has consistently been given moderate to low end teams and you’re judged as if you were the reason the team was a let down; it seems a bit unfair. I’m not beating the table for DQ as our best option but I don’t think he’s a bad coach.

*edit* I didn’t watch the game so maybe there’s some context I missed. Did DQ send out bad lines for OT?

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
im not bashing you or your post in particular Tiburon, but I wonder why DQ gets drug through the mud when the teams he typically gets aren’t very good? Like, I can blame the coach of a team with a lot of talent because it’s like hey, other coaches have done far better with less. When you’re a coach who has consistently been given moderate to low end teams and you’re judged as if you were the reason the team was a let down; it seems a bit unfair. I’m not beating the table for DQ as our best option but I don’t think he’s a bad coach.

*edit* I didn’t watch the game so maybe there’s some context I missed. Did DQ send out bad lines for OT?
I just thought it was funny the US goes undefeated but loses two games in OT to not medal. And that the Sharks were notoriously terrible in OT this year.

I thought he did fine as a head coach this year and was a big step up from boog

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
If you read the game thread it seems like most people were upset Quinn stuck with Casey DeSmith but his other option was Cal Peterson, not exactly a stud in his own right. Still, had he gone with Peterson and they still lost the game, it would somehow be Quinn’s fault. Seems to be the way in sports, it’s never the actual players competing. Just as a Sharks fan following these boards for a long time I’ve come to understand that McLellan was a terrible coach, DeBoer was a terrible coach, Boughner was a terrible coach and now Quinn is a terrible coach…

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I just thought it was funny the US goes undefeated but loses two games in OT to not medal. And that the Sharks were notoriously terrible in OT this year.

I thought he did fine as a head coach this year and was a big step up from boog

Thank Goodness. If not, we wouldn’t have the 4OA pick.

:laugh: Factual statement
If we had just been in the average amount of OT games, we would of finished last by like 6 points.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Moritz Seider is just unbelievably good. Germany in the WC Finals is a testament to why I believe having that star two-way #1D is the most important aspect of team success. The rest of your team can be mediocre or even straight up bad (like this year’s Wings roster…) and you’ll still have some level of success when you have a guy like Seider out there 25 minutes a night.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad