GDT: 2023 IIHF World Junior Championship (Pre-Tournament is now, Begins on Dec 26)

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
2023 IIHF World Junior Championship Thread. Lets update this throughout the tournament And progress of Rangers prospects.

Kalle Väisänen (Finland)
Adam Sýkora (Slovakia)
Jarin Chmelař (Czechia)
Brennan Othmann (Canada)
Noah Laba (United States)

Dec 21

Pre- Tournament Match :USA Vs Sweden at 2:30 PM NHL Network
Pre- Tournament Match: Canada vs Slovakia at 6:30 PM NHL Network

Dec 23
Pre Tournament Match : Switzerland vs Sweden at 2:30 PM NHL Networ

Dec 26 tournament begins

Finland vs Switzerland 11AM NHL Network
Sweden vs Austria 1:30 PM NHL Network
Latvia vs USA 4:00PM NHL Network
Czechia vs Canada 6:30 PM NHL Network

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Who is eligible to be drafted from this tournament that the Rangers could be looking at that they can realistically draft regardless of a high round or mid to late round pick?

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Begins the 26th. Pre tournament games started monday.
I got so excited I missed that part... but also I'll take it.

I'm really excited to check out Laba, even in a 4th line role. As we all know, not every high draft pick makes it, and the league is littered with guys from middle/end rounds or even undrafted that end up stars. He seems like a fun one to watch, and it seems like everything is going the way it should since he's been drafted.

Limited role, but I want to see him crush it and maybe chip in a few points.

Reactions: leetch99

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Who is eligible to be drafted from this tournament that the Rangers could be looking at that they can realistically draft regardless of a high round or mid to late round pick?
Stramel for the US is projected to be mid-1st round pick.

Reactions: egelband

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

David Reinbacher could be a guy to keep an eye on. Another possible Moritz Seider-type underscouted Dman

Reactions: egelband

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
And of course Sykora gets taken out in pre tournament by a knee on knee like 2 mins into the game

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
This is my first time watching Bedard, and my god does that kid have a shot. The puck absolutely flies off his stick. We need to hope that he goes to the Western Conference, b/c he's gonna be an absolute menace

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Slovakia's goalie is the only player on the team who looks anything better than mediocre this game. Sykora looks like he's still sore from the knee on knee, he's rather slower than normal. Nemec outright looks bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad