• Vancouver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winnipeg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Voted Oilers....but this is tough. Pretty open here.

Oilers have a few things going for them above other contenders for this spot:

- West is still weak. Colorado stands tall, but after that, not as many serious threats. So if they can beat Colorado, or if Colorado stumbles, west is wide open.
- McDrai insane level of play last playoffs seems....repeatable?

People will vote Rangers because they finished high in playoffs last year but not sure they belong so soon. I want to see Shesterkin this year - dream season last year, but let's see if he can repeat. If he's a bit more average, that's a huge difference.

Carolina is a good choice too - super solid, and consistent...issue with them is that they have trouble going far in playoffs so far it seems. But so did Colorado before last year, so this could finally be their year.

Finally those who will say Toronto....no chance. Outside of top 5 for Leafs, minimum. I don't care how good 'on paper' you are - until they win even a single round, their odds will be lower than they should be, and that's on them.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Flames AINEC
I’m guessing you didn’t see how poorly Weeger played in the playoffs. He was a hot mess. Hubie was also sadly ineffective.

I like Kadri but he’s going to get injured this season. NHL doesn’t protect him at all. Guy gets run all the time. Super dirty hits by Hertl and Kane barely punished by the NHL.

Flames better keep Lucic around to reciprocate for the dirty hits Kadri will incur. Flames will need to employ a goon as long as Kadri is on the roster.

I’d also expect to see the Avs run Hertl and send MacDermid after him in the first game those two teams play this year. Ditto Kane when he faces the Avs. Evander is gonna have to drop gloves with a heavyweight. Hopefully he gets his ugly face destroyed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad