Confirmed Signing with Link: 2023 Free Agency Thread

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Absolutely perplexed by the Canucks not qualifying Bear. He was their second best defenseman last year, and he’s not expensive.

Really hope the Wings take a flyer on him.
He has a flare to his game but he really isn’t, to be nice, the brightest dman on the planet. He came in and played above most people’s expectations. I was surprised how well he played initially but he really did revert back to the same old story. I think people like him as a person and generally cheer and support him, so we look the other way sometimes.

Someone will give him another chance because he is talented and seems to want to get better still. You absolutely cheer for a player like him. His best chance to play a lot will be in a place like San Jose or even Philly. Maybe he goes to Arizona and like Ghost, uses the time there to resurrect himself.

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
He has a flare to his game but he really isn’t, to be nice, the brightest dman on the planet. He came in and played above most people’s expectations. I was surprised how well he played initially but he really did revert back to the same old story. I think people like him as a person and generally cheer and support him, so we look the other way sometimes.

Someone will give him another chance because he is talented and seems to want to get better still. You absolutely cheer for a player like him. His best chance to play a lot will be in a place like San Jose or even Philly. Maybe he goes to Arizona and like Ghost, uses the time there to resurrect himself.
You have to factor in that he's going to miss probably at least 30 games with shoulder surgery. He was barely a $2m player before the injury, now that he's hurt half the year, he really isn't worth that.
I wonder if there's a handshake agreement to bring him back for less.

Reactions: dez and Petes2424

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Absolutely perplexed by the Canucks not qualifying Bear. He was their second best defenseman last year, and he’s not expensive.

Really hope the Wings take a flyer on him.
cap space. Bear's QO is 2.2M, and is arbitration eligible. He will be out until at least December with an injury, The Canucks are hoping they can sign him for under his QO rather than risk him filing for arbitration and getting his QO or more.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
All but 6 teams updated in the QO post

Calgary (no info)
Colorado (seen some info (no QOs for Malgin & Merkley)
Detroit (none)
Florida (none)
Ottawa (some info but nothing official)
Tampa Bay (none)

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Players returning to old teams

Gavin Bayreuther
- Dallas