2023 Entry Draft

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas should just take the best player available according to the majority of the rest of the GMs.

Because you know we're trading the player and that will increase the likelihood we'd be able to get a good trade deal because other GMs would love the pick.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Figure I’ll have a drink while the Knights pick before I go home.

Curious if they select someone they feel is worth keeping.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Where's @theslatcher to give us the rundown on this guy!

Someone in the main boards seemed to suggest low ceiling high floor safe pick, someone on ESPN compared him to Eriksson Ek.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Where's @theslatcher to give us the rundown on this guy!

Someone in the main boards seemed to suggest low ceiling high floor safe pick, someone on ESPN compared him to Eriksson Ek.
Big two-way center. Smart in all three zones, good skater(but needs to improve upon certain aspects of it). Good motor. Likes to crash the net. Dual threat offensively. Question is what his offensive game will grow into, he's not very creative or dynamic right now. There's potential there for it to blossom, but I don't think Frölunda is the right place for that to happen.

Comparisons to Eriksson Ek are easy to make especially considering he has that same festiness.

Vegas thought he's a top-15 talent which is easy to see why, considering what they value.

If you want to see him for yourself he was Sweden's 1C at the most recent U18s where Sweden lost the gold medal game in OT. He'll also be at the World Junior Summer Showcase in late July/early August.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Oh also, fun thing about his name:

His great-grandparents with the name Edström emigrated to the US from Sweden, they anglicized their name to Edstrom while doing so.

Fast forward to the 90's and David's dad moved to Sweden where he found David's mom.

So, one of the times when a person with an anglicized name is from the country where the name originated from.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Feel like this one is gonna stick. He checks all the VGK boxes (center, huge, plays all 3 zones). Kinda feel some Nick Roy vibes coming from this? Maybe not quite as skilled but could develop into that?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm liking how physically and mentally soft the Pacific has become this past week. I hope the Oilers give up the farm for eKarlsson.

Heidt is falling in the 2nd.

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
Cataford in the 3rd round is great value.
The kid is a hard worker, a great teammate and very easy to coach.
A no excuses kind of player.
Playing on the 2nd line in Halifax last year, he was able to accumulate 75 points in 68 games.

Reactions: CupInSIX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad