Series Talk: 2023 ECQF - BOSTON BRUINS (A1) vs Florida Panthers (WC2)

Outcome of ECQF - Boston vs Florida

• Boston in 4 games

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Boston in 5 games

Votes: 130 45.9%
  • Boston in 6 games

Votes: 98 34.6%
  • Boston in 7 games

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Florida in 4 games

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Florida in 5 games

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Florida in 6 games

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Florida in 7 games

Votes: 4 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Hey everyone. I haven't posted on this site in a few years. I am a huge Bruins fan, but have been too busy becoming a top level Nickelodeon Brawl player to watch the regular season this year, Plus, it's hard for me to watch the regular season, because with this playoff format, a good seed really only helps you in the first round lol. Anyways, I bought Youtube TV just to watch this Bruins playoff run, and I'm super pumped. I watched Game 1 and it was sooo good to watch hockey again.

Anyways, I was wondering if there's a good Discord server for talking about the NHL and Bruins. I wasn't able to find one, but I'm probably missing something.

There is a discord server but its not really used except when HF goes down.

Also people are weird in there.

Reactions: OT Moment

OT Moment

Mar 25, 2014
Maine
Well, it's better than nothing. Appreciated.

Also, there seems to be zero channels on the normal Youtube TV package that discuss the NHL playoffs, unless you count the intermission shows during the actual game broadcasts. I swear there's a conspiracy to stop this sport from becoming popular...

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am no doctor but a Bursa sac is nothing-unless it gets further injured.....Ulnar nerve on the other hand....I hope Spittin Chickletts is wrong...btw I can't stand Bissionette.
He was doing TNT so it was Feits, Ryan Whitney, Matt Murley (he had the Monty to Boston news before anyone), Grinnell and Marina Maher (she's the one who had the Bergy news)

It was definitely interesting to watch

I am with you, not a fan of Biz either

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Hall looked at times like a kamikaze pilot

....on a separate note, is kamikaze still an acceptable term?
It should be as it is a historical term originating before the Pacific War.
Kami- God or Divine
Kaze - Wind
It is in reference to a storm that suddenly arose in the sea of Japan during an invasion from the mainland. Japan was not prepared to fend off the numbers and experience of the invading army. The storm came out of nowhere while the army was in transit on boats. All were sunk and the invasion ended without a Nipponese loss. It is legend now, so it was used as a lionizing of the suicide tactics in the Pacific war. A way to legitimize it with legend and history while giving hope to the populace that it would turn the tides and keep the "invaders" away from the homeland.
Good propaganda.

It didn't work. Japan was losing planes faster than they could produce them. They were also sacrificing experienced pilots when they suddenly realized that was a terrible idea. So they tried recruiting them from the populace saying that their families would be taken care of and honored.

Btw, the invading army was the Mongol hoard.
Wikipedia - Mongol Invasion of Japan

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I am no doctor but a Bursa sac is nothing-unless it gets further injured.....Ulnar nerve on the other hand....I hope Spittin Chickletts is wrong...btw I can't stand Bissionette.
I am with you on Bissonidiot his act grows badly after awhile ............

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Whenever the announcers say Montour's name, am I the only one who goes "I thought he died?" Then I realize I'm thinking of Montador.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Put Zacha back with Bertuzzi and Pasta.

Krejci up in the Bergeron slot.
I'd slot DK down, if anything. Aside from his hot start of the season, he's been MIA for months now. You want to know why Pasta has been reduced to ineffective, just watch as DK skates around laboring with that baby grand piano on his back. He's behind every play by multiple steps. Put Zacha back in between Pasta and Bertuzzi immediately.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
This comment goes way beyond this series. Thinking this could become a bigger issue as other teams try to copy what Florida has tried to do to our star players.

I don't want anything dirty. But I think the Bruins have to make life harder on the opposing team's key players on any given night. Otherwise it's Bergy and Krejci taking cross checks the moment they come back. I'd hardly want them in at 75% if this is what's waiting for them.

Time for some key Bruins to make life much harder on people...

What you think?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Winning is the best vengeance.

Is a slim line between exacting revenge and doing something stupid that costs a series.

Just play hard. React when called for.

I actually think the way they're hitting Pasta is just smart coaching. And it's working in that small example. Luckily it's only working on him. Can't hit everyone :laugh:

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
McAvoy is lighting guys up all over the ice. Keep doing that. Don’t worry about the post whistle shenanigans and just keep winning.

I was in the washroom during the Coyle hit on 19. Only just saw it.

Love that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad