Prospect Info: 2023 draft thread: Sharks tank miss, now we’ll get Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
ebuild we would been winning a lot more in the coming years then we actually will. I’m all for an owner liking to watch his team win, but he has no strategy to build a Stanley Cup winner. I’m not in this to watch the NHL version of Sacramento Kings. I dream for a capable owner like Lacob and Stanley Cup banners.

The more I think about it the more I suspect DW advised Hasso that the Sharks are likely going to need a full rebuild and that the best approach would be to coast for a few seasons, rebuild the prospect pool, and then bottom out of 1-2 seasons when you are able maximizing draft picks.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Bleacherreport has us ranked 6th last in their post-draft power rankings. Probably leaves us a major injury away from the absolute basement.
Bleacher report sucks for all things sports but you’re not wrong. One injury to Hertl, Timo, or EK (especially once we move Burns) and we SUCK!

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I don't understand why everyone wants to tank when it doesn't guarantee the team will be successful. The team needs to stick with the current plan of trying the same thing over and over and hope it works this time. They have missed the playoffs 3 years in a row and could have easily tanked those 3 seasons and improved draft capital but why do that when we can try to complete and fail instead?
Don’t let the truth get out that it’s a lottery not awarded lol

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
After Bedard, Michkov, and Fantilli, who would be our best options as of now? I expect we'll pick high, so I'm curious what a good short list looks like.

A quick perusal indicates Brayden Yager, Nate Danielson, Dalibor Dvorsky, Kasper Halttunen and Lukas Dravicevic look intriguing.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
After Bedard, Michkov, and Fantilli, who would be our best options as of now? I expect we'll pick high, so I'm curious what a good short list looks like.

A quick perusal indicates Brayden Yager, Nate Danielson, Dalibor Dvorsky, Kasper Halttunen and Lukas Dravicevic look intriguing.
Dalibor Dvorsky just for the alliteration. He's not big enough though so Sharks would probably take Wood.

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
There’s nothing rhythmic about that at all. That’s why that no work.
I’ve said it before, so if you’re looking for a rhyme then it’s fitting to say it again…

I plan to Get Hard for Bedard

Any chance we move Couture? I feel like we need that domino to fall so increase our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad