NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Houston Texans vs (5) Cleveland Browns

HOU vs CLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Cut them some slack. Browns fans don’t know how to handle this.
Yup.

I'm not a guy that talks shit (exception made only for the Florida Gators) but when the Bengals improved I did get the smallest bravado energy...which is greater than literally none.

If the Browns do some damage, or if they miraculously win the whole thing, they deserve to talk shit for the rest of eternity.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Yup.

I'm not a guy that talks shit (exception made only for the Florida Gators) but when the Bengals improved I did get the smallest bravado energy...which is greater than literally none.

If the Browns do some damage, or if they miraculously win the whole thing, they deserve to talk shit for the rest of eternity.
Horse shit..
Cleveland didn't lose 4 straight..they don't know pain.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Horse shit..
Cleveland didn't lose 4 straight..they don't know pain.
Your team didn't go over 30 years without a playoff win like mine, nor did you actually lose your team like Browns fans did (they got it back, but you get my point.)

There are a lot of ways a football team can break your heart. Hell, look at the Lions.

EDIT: Why the f*** do any of us do this to ourselves?

Reactions: LT

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Only for a month?

To be honest all season.

But ever since Flacks hot streak I've seen 75 posts every Sunday about how Flacco is the GOAT, we better be scared of the Browns etc.

Probably just a coping mechanism to deal with the fact they gave up a boatload picks and a fully guaranteed contract to Deshaun Watson who's played all of 12 games for them.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Your team didn't go over 30 years without a playoff win like mine, nor did you actually lose your team like Browns fans did (they got it back, but you get my point.)

There are a lot of ways a football team can break your heart. Hell, look at the Lions.

EDIT: Why the f*** do any of us do this to ourselves?
Losing the team was the best thing to happen to them.. it stopped the bleeding lol.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Would picking Houston be considered an upset? I really want Houston to win this game, and Ryans to further advance. Also, Stroud deserves it.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
To be honest all season.

But ever since Flacks hot streak I've seen 75 posts every Sunday about how Flacco is the GOAT, we better be scared of the Browns etc.

Probably just a coping mechanism to deal with the fact they gave up a boatload picks and a fully guaranteed contract to Deshaun Watson who's played all of 12 games for them.
It's more complicated. I'll see if I can capture it.

There's a Cleveland writer named Terry Pluto who is one of the best in the business when it comes to describing the feel of games and seasons. He's talked about the massive influx of late-season Browns fan excitement unlike anything he's seen before, and he chalks so much of it up to fans enjoying the winning for sure but also enjoying that the winning is coming from a QB who isn't a detestable scumbag like Watson.

Keep in mind, they won as many games this season with Watson as QB as Flacco, but there's a different feeling of elation when the wins come at the hand of a guy you don't reluctantly cheer for. Browns fans have been holding their noses and applauding Watson's success, but a season and a half of built up, pensive fandom has exploded now with Watson sidelined and a non-rapist playing great and winning games. There's no longer a filter. It's joy without the guilt.

But I get it. It's also probably annoying to have us Browns fans humping the leg of everyone standing around waiting for the playoffs to start.

Reactions: LT

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Neither team really has much pressure to win.

Stroud looks like he will be a good QB. Browns have had injuries everywhere.

This may be the best game of the weekend.

I will say 33-30 Texans in OT

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A bit surprised that the Browns are favorites in Houston when playing with Flacco, even if he's been great for the last few weeks.
I think it's because on paper, Cleveland is the better team still.

Houston deserves a ton of credit for what they accomplished but the glazing can't change the fact they're still a very young and inexperienced team at the moment.

Cleveland has a little more experience and a lot more at the QB spot given Flacco has been to the playoffs multiple times and had Corey Perry syndrome in 2012 when he inexplicably became the best player on earth for a month stretch and won a super bowl.

I think the Browns win but it stays close into the 4th quarter before Cleveland lands the kill shot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I was surprised to hear what a night and day difference Browns defense has at home vs on the road.

Before that would have guessed clear Browns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad