Prospect Info: 2023 6th Rd Selection - #185 OA - D, Noah Chadwick [Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL; 6’4, 187 lbs]

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

2022-23 Highlight Reel – Noah Chadwick​

Noah Chadwick ranks as the #154 North American skater. The 6’4 defenseman enters the rankings after a season which saw him put up five goals and 15 assists in 67 games, with a plus minus of plus-9. The 17-year-old also chipped in one point in the Hurricanes’ four game defeat to the Moose Jaw Warriors in the first round of the 2023 WHL Playoffs.

Last edited:

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I don't mind this pick at all. I think it's a good value bet for where we got him.

Really comparable to former leafs prospect Andrew Nielsen. Big guy, great offensive instincts, bad feet. If he can improve his mobility, he could be a guy to watch.

Haven't really found a scouting report on him though
"Despite only getting 20 points in 67 games, 6'3" LHD Noah Chadwick of the Lethbridge Hurricanes actually has the toolkit to put up big numbers in the next two seasons. The Hurricanes' top-6 consists of two 20 year-olds, two 19 year-olds, then 18 year-old Chadwick, then 17 year-old Tristen Doyle- so I'm not sure what kind of ice-time Chadwick is getting. At any rate, this is what Elite Prospects says about his offensive game: "Chadwick moves through pass receptions, fakes plays, uses space, looks for teammates around the slot over shooting from the point. If the point shot's the best play, he usually aims for sticks instead of corners. He shows a similar desire to create in transition, forgoing dump-outs for passes through opponents, deceiving if necessary." Chadwick distributes well from the line, and has a pretty good shot. He knows how to open space, but is limited in how he can exploit it, due to his below-average skating and hands. He's a good defensive player, angling opponents to the outside and away from danger, and he's said to be one of the best defenders against the rush in the WHL. In short, if he can improve his mobility and puck skill, he will unlock a vast untapped dimension to his game. Look for him in the mid-to-late rounds."

This is a scouting report from Sandman from Upside Hockey.

cobber

Jun 21, 2023
I don't mind this pick at all. I think it's a good value bet for where we got him.

Really comparable to former leafs prospect Andrew Nielsen. Big guy, great offensive instincts, bad feet. If he can improve his mobility, he could be a guy to watch.
Fortunately, the Leafs can start developing his skating. He is said to be highly intelligent.

Reactions: Mitch nylander

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

"Despite only getting 20 points in 67 games, 6'3" LHD Noah Chadwick of the Lethbridge Hurricanes actually has the toolkit to put up big numbers in the next two seasons. The Hurricanes' top-6 consists of two 20 year-olds, two 19 year-olds, then 18 year-old Chadwick, then 17 year-old Tristen Doyle- so I'm not sure what kind of ice-time Chadwick is getting. At any rate, this is what Elite Prospects says about his offensive game: "Chadwick moves through pass receptions, fakes plays, uses space, looks for teammates around the slot over shooting from the point. If the point shot's the best play, he usually aims for sticks instead of corners. He shows a similar desire to create in transition, forgoing dump-outs for passes through opponents, deceiving if necessary." Chadwick distributes well from the line, and has a pretty good shot. He knows how to open space, but is limited in how he can exploit it, due to his below-average skating and hands. He's a good defensive player, angling opponents to the outside and away from danger, and he's said to be one of the best defenders against the rush in the WHL. In short, if he can improve his mobility and puck skill, he will unlock a vast untapped dimension to his game. Look for him in the mid-to-late rounds."

This is a scouting report from Sandman from Upside Hockey.
Thanks

Here is another one. I like it

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
1688061776403.png

1688061857617.png

1688062033125.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad