Prospect Info: [2023 - 69th] Jacob Fowler (NCAA - Boston College)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It is pretty amazing how he slipped all the way to the third round, with how awesome his draft season was. USHL goalie of the year, Dave Peterson award AND Clark cup MVP, best GAA, save percentage and wins in the league. Undefeated at the U-19. Like, what more do you want him to do, outside of being 6ft5 ? :laugh: Real lucky for us. All he ever does is win.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
It is pretty amazing how he slipped all the way to the third round, with how awesome his draft season was. USHL goalie of the year, Dave Peterson award AND Clark cup MVP, best GAA, save percentage and wins in the league. Undefeated at the U-19. Like, what more do you want him to do, outside of being 6ft5 ? :laugh: Real lucky for us. All he ever does is win.

I think one of the reasons was that it was a pretty strong draft for goalies with a lot of interesting options. Had it been a weak draft for goalies he would have more than likely been picked high in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Tuggy and Redux91

Jul 6, 2016

Interesting, the Habs wanted Fowler with the 37th pick, which they traded for Newhook.

Dangerous decision. Hughes was lucky to see him still available in the 3rd round. 4 or 5 other goalies have been drafted ahead of him.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Demko is 6'4. Fowler is 6'1.

The knock on Fowler was mainly is size. There aren't too many sub 6'2 goalies in the NHL. We'll see if his mobility and skills can overcome him covering less of the net.
Fowler is listed as 6'2 on the Boston College website

Reactions: 26Mats

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Demko is 6'4. Fowler is 6'1.

The knock on Fowler was mainly is size. There aren't too many sub 6'2 goalies in the NHL. We'll see if his mobility and skills can overcome him covering less of the net.

Fowler's size isn't much different than Price's size

1712945674843.png

vs

1712945700405.png

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The main concern at the draft was his weight (bit overweight), not his size. Proper diet and exercices will fix that.

Apparently it’s already been somewhat taken care of. He worked on his fitness levels all summer and that has apparently continued during the season. He appears much leaner in all his latest pictures.

Reactions: Wats and 1909

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
That's a positive sign, though it doesn't mean he's actually 6'2. BU's website lists Hutson as 5'10. But we're not sure that's in fact his height.
Hutson confirmed he is 5-10. Also had that in camp, so no reason to question that.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Re. Fowler, to quote the scout that was banging the table for him: all this guy does is win.

Reactions: Tyson

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hutson confirmed he is 5-10. Also had that in camp, so no reason to question that.

He was caught lying as he was measured at 5'9.25", he doubled down on the lie again early in the season and we may never end up knowing the truth once he turns pro and is in full control of his personal listing.

It really doesn't matter as he is quite small and will need to continue to find ways to work around it.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Ryan Leonard announced he's opted to return to BC next year so I got to think his line will be back so BC should be a power house again next season.
Yeah if im Smith, i delay my start in San Jose. seemed like Gauthier wanted to play professionally this year. Perrault is an interesting one cause if he went to the Rags, he'd be in a good situation with a team badly lacking RW depth but he might not be physically ready for the show.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yeah if im Smith, i delay my start in San Jose. seemed like Gauthier wanted to play professionally this year. Perrault is an interesting one cause if he went to the Rags, he'd be in a good situation with a team badly lacking RW depth but he might not be physically ready for the show.

I assumed Perreault would go back as he needs to bulk up. There were rumors saying Smith would turn pro right after their season ended but it didn't sound like a good idea. I said last summer that Cooley should have stayed one more year to bulk up more. Not a big fan of kids going to the NCAA for 1 year and turning pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad