GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm game 2 Edmonton leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm thinking Cam still starts Friday, but I think the leash is extremely short. Thankfully the top line/Drew were on it today
Personally, I think it's sink or swim with Talbot. Rittich only plays if there is an unfortunate injury to Talbot. In Game 1 the Kings were down 6-2 and there was no thought of putting Rittich in to give Talbot some rest.

Reactions: 123slam

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
That was a fun, albeit f***ing nerve wracking game. But I feel like all I read on these boards now is negativity. Kopi sucks, Dewey sucks, we need to trade them, why the extension, etc. Then they both come out with a great game. It’s almost like not a single person on this site has any say on personnel, coach, or gm, but everyone’s bitching about this that and the other. Maybe just be a fan and enjoy watching your team play. Everyone who posted about sending Kopi out to pasture, and he just won us a game. We as fans can’t control a single thing this team does, and if y’all can’t find any sense of enjoyment out of watching the team you root for then f*** off. Thanks for attending my ted talk.
I don't think they suck. I just don't think they are in the right part of their career for where this organization should be headed or was going to be headed a couple years back

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Yep. He's still making some big saves (like that backdoor play on the PK in the 2nd), but he looks like he's doubting himself and losing track of plays

Speaking of that PK save, Lizotte just can't be trusted this time of year. Too many dumb penalties and he's not fast or skilled or sturdy enough to make up for his lack of size. That chance only happens because McDavid ran him right over
Such bad roster construction there. He is not a playoff caliber bottom 6 center.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
PP1 is garbage. A tweak Id make is put in QB for RV and get him in front. He was doing great screens and his hands are good around the net (not Vilardi good but no one is)

The Oilers didn't have a good pk at all, and we've fallen right into them pressuring us, then not doing anything for 2 min. ZERO shots on the first 2 pp, with 3 shorty chances. Someone needs step up and take the pp by the balls. It's turning out to be a glaring weakness in the playoffs

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The Oilers didn't have a good pk at all, and we've fallen right into them pressuring us, then not doing any for 2 min. ZERO shots on the first 2 pp, with 3 shorty chances. Someone needs step up and take the pp by the balls. It's turning out to be a glaring weakness in the playoffs
And has been for 3rd straight playoffs. No one stops their PP, so that means you have to at least have an above average PP to somewhat balance it. It has been shitty for last 2 months.. this is the kind of thing I expect from Todd - I thought Hiller would try to fix it... I dont have the numbers to back it up but when RV came back they took off QB jonesing for a RH shot.. but I think the PP suffered from it... Byfield is a monster screener

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
No way in hell Hiller goes away from Talbot after a win. He'd get crucified if BSD shit the bed.
Through 2 games:
.867 SV%
4.96 GAA

He's about to be 37 years old.

I agree Hiller will likely keep starting Talbot. But it shouldn't be that hard to justify a change looking at those numbers.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Yep. He's still making some big saves (like that backdoor play on the PK in the 2nd), but he looks like he's doubting himself and losing track of plays

Speaking of that PK save, Lizotte just can't be trusted this time of year. Too many dumb penalties and he's not fast or skilled or sturdy enough to make up for his lack of size. That chance only happens because McDavid ran him right over

Been saying it all year.

Grundy didn't;t get a shift did he?

I let em both walk in the off season and try to re-sign Arvy after Roy.

Akil takes line 4 C, with Lewis and someone else , maybe Kaiyev.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I’m just happy to see a change from the Tmac team. They were brutal game one and were substantially different game two. We have never seen that kind of adjustment

much better gap control, and every chance they got, they bumped 97 just enough for him to be ineffective. Pretty much shut him down in the 3rd and ot.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm thinking Cam still starts Friday, but I think the leash is extremely short. Thankfully the top line/Drew were on it today
Disagree. Rittich is technically the 3rd string goalie and only played this season up with the Kings because of the strange injury to Copley. Talbot is an experienced goalie and you just don't pull the plug on him for having 2 games where there should have been shots he could have stopped. Neither Skinner or Talbot have been good enough, but tonight Talbot actually came up big on that Oilers PP to end the 2nd. With how dangerous the Oilers PP is, not allowing them to make it 4-3 going into the 3rd was huge.

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Disagree. Rittich is technically the 3rd string goalie and only played this season up with the Kings because of the strange injury to Copley. Talbot is an experienced goalie and you just don't pull the plug on him for having 2 games where there should have been shots he could have stopped. Neither Skinner or Talbot have been good enough, but tonight Talbot actually came up big on that Oilers PP to end the 2nd. With how dangerous the Oilers PP is, not allowing them to make it 4-3 going into the 3rd was huge.

It wasn't just two, though. It was the last game of the season as well, and any time down the stretch when he wasn't playing a one off game. His game log over the last month is an abyss.

Like give him the rope, sure, but I said before the game this is Talbot's last game in a Kings uniform and he was only saved by Skinner being worse, we needed five goals to win.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Great win, awesome play by the Kopinator, clown show D by Nurse who is Edmonton's Pee Elle Dee.

Now, can they do something with the momentum or will it just be fumbled away?

Our goaltending is just frightening and isnt it difficult to envision a series victory?

Does Bettman have the refs squeeze us so he can nail some parlays and hoist McDavid into the next round?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
It wasn't just two, though. It was the last game of the season as well, and any time down the stretch when he wasn't playing a one off game. His game log over the last month is an abyss.

Like give him the rope, sure, but I said before the game this is Talbot's last game in a Kings uniform and he was only saved by Skinner being worse, we needed five goals to win.
Don't get me wrong. Talbot played 54 games and that was too much for the season, as some fatigue showed with him during the regular season. Rittich should have gotten more starts and I'm not sure why Talbot's starts weren't regulated more.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Don't get me wrong. Talbot played 54 games and that was too much for the season, as some fatigue showed with him during the regular season. Rittich should have gotten more starts and I'm not sure why Talbot's starts weren't regulated more.

The marsupial amygdala tends to glitch, leaving those poor Koala's frozen with fear and vulnerable to the apex beasts behind the benches in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad