GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm game 2 Edmonton leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The consensus around the Kings and league wide media is that the Kings players and coaches need to stick to the identity tonight.

This game really needs to be a statement performance by Kopitar and Doughty. These two players are being given the opportunity to change the narrative. They must turn into killers.

All the money is on the line. So let’s see if they are up to the task. It’s no longer good enough for everyone to be good while no one is great.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
What's annoying is going thru several years of a rebuild, only to result in: a boring team, who constantly gets bullied & push around, and is a backend playoff team that can't get out of the 1st round.
All We Have Decide GIF - All We Have Decide What To Do - Discover & Share  GIFs

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Kings look really intimidated by Edmonton bodies and sticks. If they can't fight through them to get to the net, there's not much hope. The only hope we have is that their goaltending looks bad - but if we're just going to throw perimeter shots on him, that goaltending will be good enough.

Sausages

Apr 28, 2017
I don't hate this team, especially after living through the calamities of the 90's, and, yes, I freely admit I don't hate Blake and have certain sympathies with the circumstances/stages he has had to guide the team through.

The problem is that on watching the competition it's obvious that the Kings need 2 more gears.

Tonight will be one of the most important games for some years, IMHO. Show up and prove something or buckle and fade to black.

• Wow
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't hate this team, especially after living through the calamities of the 90's, and, yes, I freely admit I don't hate Blake and have certain sympathies with the circumstances/stages he has had to guide the team through.

The problem is that on watching the competition it's obvious that the Kings need 2 more gears.

Tonight will be one of the most important games for some years, IMHO. Show up and prove something or buckle and fade to black.
Like what?

DoktorJeep

Winners of the Offseason
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Like what?
We’ve had the worst rain since Rogie was our #1G. Imagine the havoc that wreaks on the surf conditions. Even if beach volleyball is your plan B, the humidity alone has killed 25% of your expected days on the sand.

First Vegas sweeping us in their first year of existence.Then COVID wiping out easy gate revenue. Luc and Rob have suffered way more than any other millionaire in SoCal.

Now, you look at that POS Yanetti who was trusted, despite working for a loser like the previous manager. He screws up BLuc’s championship window by saying that Byfield is better than Stutzle. Somehow AEG is convinced a DEL kid is not ideal.

And what does management get for sticking their neck on the line. Well they get a max of 7 games of playoff revenue in 8 years. That’s one thing that manages to catch Uncle Phil’s attention. Hopefully 🤞

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I’m 100% with you on the myopia. I think a part of it for me is realizing the Lombardi years were NOT some magnificent turning of the tide, but a total anomaly. As soon as the old guard could get rid of him, they did so, and less than a decade later we’re right back to the same crap as the early to mid-2000s.

I would say we could look forward to Blake getting fired, but we all know Bergevin will take over and Luc will still be sitting slackjawed atop the iron throne. Maybe a change in ownership shakes things up one day. Who knows. Sucks.

That's the part that hits hardest

Luc and Blake in particular have had front row seats to all of this for literally decades and after doing absolutely nothing but failing here time after time they have the arrogance to think they can do better by being handed Lombardi's work on a silver platter and they STILL flushed it all down the shitter. They deserve it ALL blowing up in their faces. Unfortunately, the fans don't.

However one feels about Blake is irrelevant

he objectively inherited a better team condition than any GM in LA Kings history and now a decade later we have 0 playoff series wins, capped out with hardly any cheap youth on the way because picks and prospects have been traded chasing rainbows, and the guy to put you over the top put up less points than the ones you just ran out of town on a year in year out basis.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
It is very hard to think that The Kings will win this series because the past few years the Oilers have owned the Kings and this first game was no different. Kings will be lucky to win one game in this series.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The consensus around the Kings and league wide media is that the Kings players and coaches need to stick to the identity tonight.

This game really needs to be a statement performance by Kopitar and Doughty. These two players are being given the opportunity to change the narrative. They must turn into killers.

All the money is on the line. So let’s see if they are up to the task. It’s no longer good enough for everyone to be good while no one is great.
Eight years and $80 million later and still not a single playoff series win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad