GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Pessimism aside, I would love for the Kings to win tonight. The next 24 hours after an underdog playoff win against a Canadian team is so much fun. I love relishing in it.
It would be really nice to have an effort to be proud of tonight.

Not that it wasn't great to see the physicality on Sunday - it was - but it almost seemed like a crutch in the sense that virtually nobody wanted to bear down and get the puck or even their bodies to the net.

And the slot has been where the disparity of this series is on display. The Kings little wingers have been kept on the outside and easily negated by Edmonton's towering defense while none of their centers are offering any shot threat at all. In front of the Kings net, Doughty, Roy and Gavrikov have been outbattled on nearly every shift. Gavrikov is coughing up pucks on the regular. Roy has been just brushed aside by every Oiler to the point where he keeps giving up his positioning and allows gaping chasms in both the passing and shooting lanes. Doughty is hustling but getting owned on too many occasions.

Go out on your shield, don't try to not lose. That's what would put a smile on my face as the inevitable unfolds.

Reactions: johnjm22

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
The Clowns of the Fraudcast were split on the prediction for tonight but united on Blake coming back next season.

If you ignore their 30 minutes of grievances against people who disagree with them, then they admit to having sources in the organization while also buying seats at full price for 30+ years.

The Mayor was unable to pick against the Kings in this elimination game. He can’t find a way to say the series is over without abandoning his faith in everything the franchise does that he truly believes was correct at the time.

DB is more skeptical because he’s not from SoCal and still struggles with freeways after 50+ years. It’s a coin flip either way for him tonight so it’s easy to ride the fence. But he’s all good either way because he still pays attention to east coast teams and has enough Marriot points to stay for free at a hotel close to a second round matchup.

This is what we get as Kings fans from the co opted media. At least the in house media isn’t calling the hard core fans donkeys while eulogizing BLuc’s remedial GED class.

A spectacular summary Jeep! Thank you

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
The Clowns of the Fraudcast were split on the prediction for tonight but united on Blake coming back next season.

If you ignore their 30 minutes of grievances against people who disagree with them, then they admit to having sources in the organization while also buying seats at full price for 30+ years.

The Mayor was unable to pick against the Kings in this elimination game. He can’t find a way to say the series is over without abandoning his faith in everything the franchise does that he truly believes was correct at the time.

DB is more skeptical because he’s not from SoCal and still struggles with freeways after 50+ years. It’s a coin flip either way for him tonight so it’s easy to ride the fence. But he’s all good either way because he still pays attention to east coast teams and has enough Marriot points to stay for free at a hotel close to a second round matchup.

This is what we get as Kings fans from the co opted media. At least the in house media isn’t calling the hard core fans donkeys while eulogizing BLuc’s remedial GED class.
I've heard rumors that he is on the Kings payroll, so naturally he has to try to feed us the Kool-aid

Reactions: DoktorJeep

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
That guy (mayor) been wrong so many times over the years i cant see why any body pays any attention to him

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
The PLD trade is grounds for termination in my book. Terrible asset management. Not trading Roy was always bad imho. Could have restocked draft assets and brought up Clarke. Lewis over a prospect too. Next year they will be forced to bring in AHL guys. I fully expect them to go hard after Saros or Markstrom only to fall short and resign Rittich and Copley.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It would be really nice to have an effort to be proud of tonight.

Not that it wasn't great to see the physicality on Sunday - it was - but it almost seemed like a crutch in the sense that virtually nobody wanted to bear down and get the puck or even their bodies to the net.

And the slot has been where the disparity of this series is on display. The Kings little wingers have been kept on the outside and easily negated by Edmonton's towering defense while none of their centers are offering any shot threat at all. In front of the Kings net, Doughty, Roy and Gavrikov have been outbattled on nearly every shift. Gavrikov is coughing up pucks on the regular. Roy has been just brushed aside by every Oiler to the point where he keeps giving up his positioning and allows gaping chasms in both the passing and shooting lanes. Doughty is hustling but getting owned on too many occasions.

Go out on your shield, don't try to not lose. That's what would put a smile on my face as the inevitable unfolds.
Game 4:

Shots: 33-13 LA
Slot shots: 8-7 EDM
Perimeter shots: 26-5 LA

Reactions: Schmooley

bland

Jul 1, 2004
That happened 10 years ago Bally's. That team was built differently than this mentally weak team.
Yes, rely on the leaders that have won 7 playoff games in 10 years.

Who captains the Washington Generals?

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I get the ballys feed with nick and jim
Do you guys in la get ballys or the evil 4 letter?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lets see the Kings leave it on the ice and extend this series...NO more stupid line combinations put the best on each line and make it work and for the love of Pete hit those f***ing Oilers at every turn

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The exaggerated optimism of this broadcast eerily reminds of the "we are contenders now!" tone of the opener.

Nice set of bookends.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Whose this Jose they keep singing about never met him! Is he a native of California and does he pay taxes

Lets Go Kings get after those p***yes

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
I wish ESPN would have a slewfoot counter in the corner of the screen. It is so hard to know which one the oiler fans are discussing.😉

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad