GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
I might just hate watch the Ducks next season. I can’t find a way to muster any emotion for this crew if they bring everyone back.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Kings need to sell everyone include Byfield and Clarke and do a FULL rebuild. No bullshit.

I don’t know, Clarke’s kind if an asshole, I think he’d be good to build around. Plus he should have a nice chip on his shoulder from the bullshit this management group put him through already

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They look like they dont wanna tie the game and are ready for vacation and golfing

bland

Jul 1, 2004
The Jets won that trade big time. Look at the points that Vilardi put up compared to Debois. Vilardi imporoved the Jets, PLD has done nothing to improve the Kings and after tonight PLD will not be playing playoff hockey. U cannot base the value of trade on which team went farther in the playoffs because winning involves more than one player.
So Bigfoot is the one who really knows?

Mothmen have the inside scoop? Maybe the rest of us can figure it out when 10G gets here.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
There needs to be a fire sale in the off-season and a movement to youth. I don’t even want to keep Phil. He’s a good player, but he would be a third line center on a cup contender. He’s also getting up there in years.

Gav Is proving that we paid about 2 million a year too much for him. Edmonton trumped us on that move as well with them getting Ekholm.

Time for Lewis, Lizotte and Grundstrum to move over for some tough you guys that are cheap. If you can get a pick for the rfa’s do it.

They’ve alienated kaliyev so bad. I don’t know how they don’t trade him. Fagemo must be watching it as well.

It’s time to send some messages and build for the next wave not the current wave

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
It’s down to the empty netter closing things out. Can’t wait till now to start crashing the net.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
this series was over the moment the Kings realized they had Edmonton as their first round opponents.

Reactions: ru4reals

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Something I would like to see for next season, a coach that can help Byfield tap into his great offensive ability. Byfield needs to be playing 1C and he should be playing with some wingers who shoot the puck. Kings PP needs some sandpaper in front of that net, which they terribly gave up in Vilardi/Iaffalo.
Kings need to sell everyone include Byfield and Clarke and do a FULL rebuild. No bullshit.
Yeah, sure!:rolleyes:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
There’s plenty of players to keep, but you don't keep the coach or the GM or Luc or players who don't fit exactly into the roles the next GM thinks they should have. I'm not bugging out and saying sell the whole roster. It's not like that. But, if someone's with one year left on their deal they need to go. You don't do a lot of things that aren't advantageous to the team just so you can claim victory and say you fixed problems that will take years to fix.

Reactions: Schrute farms

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only people who do shit like this are people who know they're fired if they don't win. Take solace in that.
The question will be if Rob Blake will be fired by promotion, and give him some weird title because I don't think they'll have the heart to tell him to go get lost. Shouldn't be their problem otherwise, but I also don't know what else he would do. It sounds like listening to podcasts over the past couple years, he was in trying to get an exit strategy out of the GM spot regardless. The Dubois trade and signing is a fireable offense in itself.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Well, we scored. All it does is give me two points in my fantasy draft.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me when game 83 is. I was told that when PLD will show up.

Reactions: kilowatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad