2023-24 San Diego Gulls/Tulsa Oilers

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Gulls vs Reign tonight and believe the game will be free on AHL.tv
It better be. I got myself some beers and chips. Albeit the game will be in the morning, but I can have them before I go to sleep :laugh:

There's a lot of new shiny toys to look forward to. Not only the new prospects, but also the old ones as we have a new coach and systems. Which will be interesting to see too. Oh, and I think LA called up Clarke and Turcotte, not sure if the Reign got any enforcements from LA tho.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It better be. I got myself some beers and chips. Albeit the game will be in the morning, but I can have them before I go to sleep :laugh:

There's a lot of new shiny toys to look forward to. Not only the new prospects, but also the old ones as we have a new coach and systems. Which will be interesting to see too. Oh, and I think LA called up Clarke and Turcotte, not sure if the Reign got any enforcements from LA tho.

Also, we have actual fringe NHL d-men with the team this year in White, Hagg, and Harrington along with Trevor Carrick. The addition of vet d-man MDZ helped improve Helleson's game. With the trio and return of Trevor should stabilize the back end, help out our young d-men (Helleson, Hinds, and Zell), and provide better support in the Ozone.

Seeing how we don't have many dynamic forward prospects, our defense could be a boon for the Gulls.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Also, we have actual fringe NHL d-men with the team this year in White, Hagg, and Harrington along with Trevor Carrick. The addition of vet d-man MDZ helped improve Helleson's game. With the trio and return of Trevor should stabilize the back end, help out our young d-men (Helleson, Hinds, and Zell), and provide better support in the Ozone.

Seeing how we don't have many dynamic forward prospects, our defense could be a boon for the Gulls.
True. That D really looks solid on paper for the AHL. As you said - good balance of vets and kids
I hope that McIlvane can kickstart Tracey and Perreault somehow. Getting them going will be crucial for any kind of Gulls success.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
True. That D really looks solid on paper for the AHL. As you said - good balance of vets and kids
I hope that McIlvane can kickstart Tracey and Perreault somehow. Getting them going will be crucial for any kind of Gulls success.

Tracey and Perreault have known chemistry to where they both were given a call up to the NHL by Verbeek at the end of the 2021-22 season. They were separate last year, probably to spread out the offense. The only Gulls pre-season game this season, they were separated again.

Missing F De Leo hurts because he's a great AHL offensive weapon, which the team missed last year due to injuries as well. Splitting up Agozzino and De Leo would spread out the offense. Although, we hopefully get to see Pastujov and Nesterenko in the top-6!

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad