2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Bump "pushing himself into a high end prospect" says all you need to know about how they view the rebuild. "Where will the high end talent come from?" you ask. Very simple! Just use that label for 20 year old 5th round freshmen.

I actually think Bump might be their most interesting college prospect (including Rizzo) and could be an NHLer.......but c'mon.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

Bump "pushing himself into a high end prospect" says all you need to know about how they view the rebuild. "Where will the high end talent come from?" you ask. Very simple! Just use that label for 20 year old 5th round freshmen.

I actually think Bump might be their most interesting college prospect (including Rizzo) and could be an NHLer.......but c'mon.

when ur GM says a guy like Laughton is untradeable it tells you everything you need to know about what they value..

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I wouldn’t even call Barkey a high end prospect either & I really like him (think he’s the second best prospect in their pool).

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wouldn’t even call Barkey a high end prospect either & I really like him (think he’s the second best prospect in their pool).

I enthusiastically watched a ton of Barkey this summer/fall -- his skill, playmaking, IQ are for real -- but 5'9 average athletes aren't exactly locks to center your rebuild around. You're hoping he's a middle 6 talent. Add in Bonk having 3rd pair talent with his own projection question marks, Bump being "high end," some insanely valuable 30th overalls coming back-to-back, and all I have to say is: dynasty when?

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

I mean, he specifically said he thought Cutter and Michkov together was enough high end talent to make a cup contending roster.

You have to assume he thinks that means adding Drysdale and (eventually) Michkov, plus the the rest of the prospects who look to top out as middle six / middle pair defenceman (not that we have a lot of those either), is what this "rebuilt" team is going to look like when the rebuild is complete. Aka, another woefully mediocre lineup that doesn't look like it will ever win more than a single playoff round in a season.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Farabee has gone missing at the end of the year 2 years in a row. Last season was understandable, what happened this year?

Briere seems high on Zegras. I wonder if a straight swap makes sense. As long as Chychrun isn't on the cards, dude has more injuries than Drysdale.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They don’t. He has the same agent as Gauthier and Walker.

The guy they scapegoat for Gauthier, and probably have a grudge against for not having Walker sign? You don't say.

Costing yourself talent because you're angry at someone tied to the player. Clarke values are still Flyers values. They should fire everyone he's ever met.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Farabee has gone missing at the end of the year 2 years in a row. Last season was understandable, what happened this year?

Briere seems high on Zegras. I wonder if a straight swap makes sense. As long as Chychrun isn't on the cards, dude has more injuries than Drysdale.

Tortorella is enough of an egomaniac that he'd set out to prove himself right about Zegras, or to "fix" him. It would be a disaster. He cares less about winning than he cares about things being done his way.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Swapping Farabee for Zegras doesn't strike me as this organization's M.O. Prioritizing offense down the middle, smart buy low, not giving your coach personnel control?

200w.gif

Farabee is a prime age player the team shouldn't be tripping over itself to move, so he'll get traded for a loss, throw in the word "culture," and we'll call it a day.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Tortorella is enough of an egomaniac that he'd set out to prove himself right about Zegras, or to "fix" him. It would be a disaster. He cares less about winning than he cares about things being done his way.
Torts is hard at work trying to win the 2004 Cup again. He has no conception that 20 years have passed and the game has changed.

He needs the horse to kick him in the head again but harder, much, much harder.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Get the best playmaker you can get...pair him with TK or Tipp

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
100% Zegras here would not be what he is elsewere..

Torts would be sure of that...

first time he tried a michigan here he'd be on the bus to AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad