Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
giphy (1).gif

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Meltzer reporting a contract extension for Lappy is in the works.

Just shoot me and get it over with already.
Simply incredible that there is zero accountability among coaches and that the FO refuses to address cavernous holes in player development and special teams. What other professional organization would not have fired the coach of a particular aspect of the game after 3 consecutive last-place rankings?

seriouspeople-loganroy.gif

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Curious to what you see as the positives, because for me they are few and far between for this season.

TK set a career high in goals, led the league in SH goals, and generally was the man and a blast to watch.

Tippett set career highs in G, A, and PTS, and had a few stretches of really dominant games and highlight reel goals.

York I thought had a really strong season and was asked to do a lot and looked pretty solid doing it.

Brink showed some real flash, even after getting dicked around by Torts. He looks like one of the more creative players on this team.

Foerster was quietly impressive - in stretches he was very visible, in others I think he was ok.

Ersson played like a #1 in stretches. Kind of hard to evaluate him fully because of all the drama and skeleton defense in front of him at times, but the potential is there.

The PK as a whole was dynamite for most of the season. I think trading Walker, losing like 3 starting defenseman, and then adding a guy like Johnson really put a damper on the whole thing, and then it kinda sagged.

Like I said, as a whole, I really enjoyed watching them this season.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The biggest positives to me are all the rookies playing so well and having a #1 goalie. Signing Walker and turning him into a 1st. Seems very likely we get wing/D with 1sts this year so I think it’s now a no brainer to trade TK and tank for next year to allow for centers to come in.

Reactions: captainpaxil

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
What are the Flyer Ass Coach breakdowns?

Does the same coach work with the PK and D? That’s a bright spot as well. They made Risto better, great gears for Sanheim and York, Walker and Seeler playing above their level, the PK was great and a threat to score which I have wanted for an awhile.

Reactions: flyersnorth

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The biggest positives to me are all the rookies playing so well and having a #1 goalie. Signing Walker and turning him into a 1st. Seems very likely we get wing/D with 1sts this year so I think it’s now a no brainer to trade TK and tank for next year to allow for centers to come in.
playing so well? they were average nhl hockey players. they have nothing that pretty much every nhl has on their roster. other teams have much more.

who is the #1 goalie they have?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What are the Flyer Ass Coach breakdowns?

Does the same coach work with the PK and D? That’s a bright spot as well. They made Risto better, great gears for Sanheim and York, Walker and Seeler playing above their level, the PK was great and a threat to score which I have wanted for an awhile.
Brad Shaw does both, yes.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
playing so well? they were average nhl hockey players. they have nothing that pretty much every nhl has on their roster. other teams have much more.

who is the #1 goalie they have?

Well Tyson was one of the best rookies this year. Brink and Olle looked good. They had the most or close to the most goals by rookies.

Ersson is a number 1 imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad