2023-24 Rockford Icehogs season

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You let the best players make the team or you're sending a really terrible message.
Exactly. Agreed. It would be a terrible message to let them play without substantial improvement.
IMG_2841.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2841.jpeg
    IMG_2841.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 4

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I would really like Reichel and Korchinski to start in the AHL next year. Mostly to send a message to the team. Bump them up in November.

This was kind of a season of “coddling” these guys because of their age and situations, injuries, etc. The message should be loud and clear early.

You don't start guys in the AHL to send a message. You send guys to the AHL bc they didn't make the team. Reichel was easily one of the best forwards in camp last year. He earned a roster spot. But he lost his confidence. He was already sent back down to the AHL and played a lot better down the stretch. There's no reason for him to start in the AHL unless he's beaten out in camp.

Korchinski simply shouldn't have been on the team outside of a 9-game look. That was a mistake. But again, no need to start him in the AHL next year unless he's beaten out in camp.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Blow a 2 goal lead in the third then a guy gets hit hard and we lose . Question would you rather be Bruins or Leafs ,,,no excuses , pansies

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Using +/- to back your idea that Reichel and Korchinski need to start next season in Rockford? Does that mean Connor Bedard should start next season in Rockford as well?

Pretty sure that's not a +/- stat. It's a forecast of the vaule the players bring.

Reactions: Taze em

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Pretty sure that's not a +/- stat. It's a forecast of the vaule the players bring.
Correct. Although it isn’t a forecast it’s what they did this year.

Phillips worst rating in the Central
Tinordi second worst
Korchinski 4th worst
Reichel 5th worst.

Of all the players. Reichel might get claimed due to age and pedigree. Korchinski is fine obviously he’s just young and needs time.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Plus minus has nothing to do with anything. If you're minus on a good team or plus on an awful team, it can be a sign of something.

I don't think anyone should be gifted a spot. You can develop in the AHL just fine. That league is really good. The best players should be on the Hawks. Let training camp tell you who the best players are.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I feel like multiple people are confusing the phot I attached with +\- , it is not.

“That value is according to Net Rating, our all-in-one player value stat that’s based on each player’s Offensive and Defensive Rating. The card showcases all the stats that determine how strong each player’s ratings are on and off the puck, a weighted combination of their production (goals, assists, expected goals, blocks, penalty differential) and their play-driving (on-ice expected and actual goal stats). It also shows each player’s market value based on their on-ice value.”
—————————

It’s just a way to look at players apples to apples like WAR in baseball. It confirms what we saw. Tinordi, Korchinski, Reichel were the three biggest contributors to this losing season.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I feel like multiple people are confusing the phot I attached with +\- , it is not.

“That value is according to Net Rating, our all-in-one player value stat that’s based on each player’s Offensive and Defensive Rating. The card showcases all the stats that determine how strong each player’s ratings are on and off the puck, a weighted combination of their production (goals, assists, expected goals, blocks, penalty differential) and their play-driving (on-ice expected and actual goal stats). It also shows each player’s market value based on their on-ice value.”
—————————

It’s just a way to look at players apples to apples like WAR in baseball. It confirms what we saw. Tinordi, Korchinski, Reichel were the three biggest contributors to this losing season.
I was just posting based on Larmer's +/- discussion.

The publicly available analytics are meh at best. I think Korchinski and Reichel have to earn their spots just like everyone else. Korchinski won't have the safety of the CHL agreement next year and there are some other good LD.

Reichel has the waivers safety net and the fact our forward group sucks.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I don't think anyone should be gifted a spot. You can develop in the AHL just fine. That league is really good. The best players should be on the Hawks. Let training camp tell you who the best players are.
As much as everyone hates it, there are waiver politics as well. If you waived Reichel after Training Camp, someone likely takes a snag and hopes he can develop better when surrounded by better players. If he plays 30 NHL games next season, is terrible, and some Rockford guys are chomping at the bit and making their case, then he just looks like a guy who can't hold a roster spot on a team with a weak forward group. However, with 23 man roster, there's likely a better chance he just sits in the press box for a while than is run through waivers.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
As much as everyone hates it, there are waiver politics as well. If you waived Reichel after Training Camp, someone likely takes a snag and hopes he can develop better when surrounded by better players. If he plays 30 NHL games next season, is terrible, and some Rockford guys are chomping at the bit and making their case, then he just looks like a guy who can't hold a roster spot on a team with a weak forward group. However, with 23 man roster, there's likely a better chance he just sits in the press box for a while than is run through waivers.
Yeah, I even mentioned that he has the waivers safety net.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I was just posting based on Larmer's +/- discussion.

The publicly available analytics are meh at best. I think Korchinski and Reichel have to earn their spots just like everyone else. Korchinski won't have the safety of the CHL agreement next year and there are some other good LD.

Reichel has the waivers safety net and the fact our forward group sucks.
That's a big mistake.

• Haha
Reactions: TLEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad