2023/24 OUA Thread

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
Laurier ties it up with 6.7 seconds left in the game. Wins it 55 seconds into overtime.
Too bad it was being played on Super Bowl Sunday.

Yes - not the best timing! Very uneventful 2 periods with a hectic, crazy third and finish.

Reactions: Rob

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Good question! On the surface, I believe it is because the West has 10 teams and the East has 9 - when they trimmed the playoff spots down from 8 to 6, I'd imagine that the West members wanted an extra playoff spot (since that division is very parity-rich).

But without any inside knowledge of last season's coaches meetings and realignment, i am sure, too, that there was some politicking involved - I know that's the case for realignment, with Nipissing and York switching divisions.
You are correct

Reactions: AdamMcg83

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
For those interested in buying tickets to the Nationals, there are only four sections in which you can currently buy tournament packages four. The two sections behind the benches and the adjacent sections across the ice. Not sure if that will change closer to tournament time.

Reactions: FreddyFoyle

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
For those interested in buying tickets to the Nationals, there are only four sections in which you can currently buy tournament packages four. The two sections behind the benches and the adjacent sections across the ice. Not sure if that will change closer to tournament time.
FYI, I received an email from Ticketmaster saying that the Bronze and Gold game times have changed to 11 am and 5 pm from 3 pm and 7 pm.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Have fun in Toronto guys, haven’t missed a UCup in over a decade but real life called and I couldn’t take the time off this year. Gonna be weird watching from home!

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Interesting to note that the OUA does not re-seed the teams after the first round. It is tournament style. Did they do this last year too?

1708283837657.png

hockeyinsiderusports

Nov 20, 2017
Just curious why you have Windsor over Brock in 2?
Special teams as Brock becomes undisciplined at key moments this year and Windsor always seems to find a way during key momentum swings to change game. I also think Hamlin better coach than
Manastersky!

Reactions: Rob

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
FYI:
If TMU wins their series the other 3 series winners are going to the Nationals.
If TMU loses, one of the remaining 4 will be knocked out.
If TMU can win their way into the OUA 1-2-3 spots it does have interesting tournament ramifications - it means they've played their way out of having to play #1 seed in their first game (bonus for them) as they would not be the host (the OUA 4th place team would get that honour).

I'd be curious to see how the AUS runner-up gets seeded - they are a conference runner-up and are normally ranked 5-6-7, but with such a low ELO, they could end up 8th if TMU wins their way into an OUA medal spot. Laurier is also an interesting wild-card in the OUA race.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
If TMU can win their way into the OUA 1-2-3 spots it does have interesting tournament ramifications - it means they've played their way out of having to play #1 seed in their first game (bonus for them) as they would not be the host (the OUA 4th place team would get that honour).

I'd be curious to see how the AUS runner-up gets seeded - they are a conference runner-up and are normally ranked 5-6-7, but with such a low ELO, they could end up 8th if TMU wins their way into an OUA medal spot. Laurier is also an interesting wild-card in the OUA race.

Assume UNB gets into the AUS final and wins they are the 1 seed, I don't see AUS #2 being 8 to avoid the opening head to head and a conference runner up being ranked lower than a conference bronze AND host (whoever that ends up being)

Should UNB get to the AUS final and not win, the AUS winner is likely 3 and UNB 5

Should UNB not get to the AUS final, this board will self destruct and all bets are off for nationals :DD

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink

When you say "low ELO", I assume you don't mean UNB. The AUS runner-up won't face UNB, so they will be #7 and play CW winner.

Reactions: Campy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad