GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
Not that I understand the rule, but shouldn't the fact that Makar is pushing Duchene into the goalie factor into the decision somehow? Duchene was starting to drift into the goal already, but Makar is the one that really created the ultimate interference. What's to stop the defense from just pushing opposing players into the goal every time they are desperate to reset play?
It was a bullshit call Duchene wasn’t in the crease and was drifting to the right Georgiev was trying to come out of the crease to take away the angle at the same time Duchene was being checked into the goalie. Regular season that’s a good goal 9 times out of 10

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
LaughDeBoer.gif

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm gonna need Dallas to take out whoever they face in the next round because a) there's something weirdly schadenfreude-fun about the Oilers constantly falling on their face in spite of the collection of talent they've drafted over the years and b) I do not under any circumstances want the Canucks to go to or win the cup because I will never hear the end of it from all my family and friends who otherwise do not care about hockey nearly as much as they pretend to when the Canucks are doing well.

Any of Dallas, Florida, or the Rangers winning the cup is fine by me. And Dallas might be fine just to give Pavs the storybook capper on his career.

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Can't lie I really really wanted another team to become the last one to get reverse swept
I’ve had to pretend to be happy for my gf as she’s a New Yorker… but I’ve liked the Canes since before moving to the Carolinas and last night left me in a very sour mood lol really was hoping the Canes would pull it off and frankly they were the better team in more periods than the Rangers. Shesterkin and the Rangers capitalizing on their chances - and Andersen being awful - is what got them the win in 6.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Usually, I am horribly unlucky in sports (every team I cheer for loses always). But this year I wanted us to get the 1st overall, and I’ve been cheering for Dallas in every playoff series.. so far so good…

Now I need them to win the cup and us to also get Buium and I’ll have an unusual sports luck turnaround year.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Love that Pavs made the heady play and also love that Duchene puts the final nail in the Avs coffin after being mercilessly booed by the Avs fans all series.

I remember a lot of Sharks fans here were lamenting that Pavelski was cooked this playoffs because he can't score anymore but if you watch closely again, he's always the one making heady plays. E.g. I remember him making the forecheck on a dman to spring Johnston and letting cross-ice passes go by him to the far guy for a better one-timer.

Pavs man, I Love him.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I remember a lot of Sharks fans here were lamenting that Pavelski was cooked this playoffs because he can't score anymore but if you watch closely again, he's always the one making heady plays. E.g. I remember him making the forecheck on a dman to spring Johnston and letting cross-ice passes go by him to the far guy for a better one-timer.

Pavs man, I Love him.

I loved Joe and Patty and Burns but… I think my favorite all-time Shark is Pavs. With maybe Boyle a close second…

Just loved watching them play.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009

Pavs man, I Love him.
it's literally been like that for a decade lol
he is basically Crosby with a better shot and cement in his skates (/s but not really)

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021

Pavs man, I Love him.
Dude he’s having moments but he’s also on the cusp of being a liability let’s be realistic with his performance. I don’t think anyone here is saying his hockey IQ has diminished it’s been his physical abilities, he still sees the game at an elite level unfortunately his body doesn’t respond at that level anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad