NBA 2023-24 NBA Season Thread

Sep 19, 2008
the problem with this league is you shouldn't be able to predict the finals matchup with that much confidence in march

sad that's what it'll likely be

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
the problem with this league is you shouldn't be able to predict the finals matchup with that much confidence in march

That's true

You never what's gonna happen with Tatum, he can have those games where he bricks everyting

But Boston has a bunch of great shooters, and Jrue and D White are clutch players on both ends of the court.
Also, Porzingis has been a great addition
Marcus Smart was also an offensive liability

So overall I think this year's Celtics are much better than the team that played the Finals vs GSW

IMO hey took their foot off the pedal after taking a big lead on a short handed Hawks team.

We beat the Suns 2 days ago without Wemby, they played down to our level or took us lightly, it's human nature

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

i mean, how often has that really been the case since KD and lebron left the warriors and cavs, respectively?

last season, the nuggets were clearly the team to beat in the west, but it was a three team race between the bucks, celtics, and sixers in the east and it was the 8th seed heat who ended up in the finals. in 22 the suns ran away with the west but it was the #3 seed warriors who won it all

this year you have the celtics completely running away with the east and while the nuggets have some competition for the #1 seed, okc and minny are both young and inexperienced teams who no one would pick to beat denver

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Debatable. Even if there was illegal contact it was probably after time had expired.

The Sixers let that game get away from them. And Oubre had time and space to pull up for a jumper or a floater. No reason to try to get all the way to the rim with the clock running down.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I get really tired of the sports talk idiots in my town who, for almost 10 years now, claim that "Steph wants to come home". No he f***ing doesn't you imbeciles, the Hornets suck.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Shams on sirius radio just now saying this Minnesota timberwolves fight is going to get nasty

both retained absolutely massive law firms with huge retainers out of NYC and Boston

Glen Taylor knows his team has more than doubled in value since his original deal, and ant-man growing to potentially become the face of the league

shams saying he wasnt accepting a wire transfer so he could get out of the deal and void the contract accordion to Lore/rodridgues side.

seemed like a dog shit deal to begin with for Glen Taylor, but he signed the contract

agreed to sell for $1.5 billion
Team is now worth roughly $4.25 billion

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
We put up a good fight against Denver but at the end of the day the Nuggets are the defending champions.

Wemby shot too many 3s but flirted with a quadruple double WTF

Joker was great as always

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
malachi flynn with the unlikeliest 50 pt game since jamal crawford dropped 51 in his last game 5 years ago

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
2/7 first round matchup between Philadelphia and Milwaukee would be wildly entertaining. We haven't seen an Embiid vs. Antetokounmpo playoff series before.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
That's a more favorable matchup for the Sixers than Boston would be.

Absolutely.

The 76ers have been very small and unathletic especially on the wings, and Boston has built around two of the premier wings that happen to be 3 level scorers.

Unless Embiid goes 2011 Nowitzki (which he's still yet to show up in that fashion in the playoffs) then I just can't see Philadelphia getting over the hump against Boston. They don't match up well.

Reactions: Jack Straw

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I heard one of those " say what ???? " stats on ATH today - this season the Celtics have had more games with a 30 point lead than games where they had a 10 point deficit. :amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad