Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They weren’t good enough - need to have better vets regardless of their last name.

We needed big time help help the stretch and you’re telling me they couldn’t do better than Durandeau and Perrault ? We all know it’s because they are local guys.

Pretty sure none of the guys I mentioned will be back next year

And jeez you really think Simoneau has any NHL potential? I get the heart thing but the guy is 5’7 with limited talent and with Farell and Bourque there already were too many smurfs

This team was very poorly constructed

Did you read my post? I clearly said their trade didn't work and I would have been more agressive in the shake up deal.

You mentionned several players who have contracts for next year, so "none of the guys" being back is a bold take.

Where did I say anything about Simoneau's NHL potential? You're putting words in my mouth. I said he was one of the forwards the team missed the most and I'm confident a lot of posters who followed the team would agree. He's a great AHL player and actually someone we should want to keep, kind of like I wanted to keep Gabriel Dumont long term back in the days. He's the kind of player that inspire others with his tenacity and work ethic and exactly what you want in a future vet (still only 22 years old). I don't expect him to make the NHL full-time, I expect to guide those who do.

It was poorly constructed, but the big problem was not the players you mentionned. The problem was the inability of the team to keep leads and the defensive side of the whole roster (FWD, D and G).

Laval likely ends the year being the 5th best offence in the AHL (could drop to 7th if Rochester and Cleveland score 5/6 goals respectively in their last game today. With an average defensive performance this season (let's say 12-21 league wide), this team is easily in the playoffs right now.

Only two teams in the top16 for goals for are out of the POs (Laval 5th, Sprinfield 12th) and both also happen to be in the bottom 8 for goals against.

Reactions: Runner77

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Andersson says he hasn't made a decision on his future. There are rumors he will return to Sweden next year.

200w.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder if there are any AHL vets on expiring contracts, who used to be with the Rocket and who would be worth bringing back?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wonder if there are any AHL vets on expiring contracts, who used to be with the Rocket and who would be worth bringing back?

Anthony Richard comes to mind.

Other than that, Daniel Audette, Yannick Veilleux, Laurent Dauphin, Joseph Blandisi and JS Dea are other ex-Rocket that are not signed yet for next year.

Reactions: Nevins and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anthony Richard comes to mind.

Other than that, Daniel Audette, Yannick Veilleux, Laurent Dauphin, Joseph Blandisi and JS Dea are other ex-Rocket that are not signed yet for next year.
Thx for that. Which vets on the team currently, would you not have come back?

Jul 6, 2016
They screwed the season with the idea of starting the season with 2 rookie netminders....they miss the playoffs because of it imo.
Yes. Two green goalies s in Laval. And too many goalies in MTL.

Jul 6, 2016
If you want to win games, then yes Groulx is a good candidate

If you want to develop players, not sure he’s the best candidate

If I’m Ottawa though, he’s on my short list
?????? He developed many players for TB . And he was a great developper when coaching Gatineau.

Andersson says he hasn't made a decision on his future. There are rumors he will return to Sweden next year.

I've got a feeling that Andersson, Norlinder and even Heineman will go back home to play in the SHL next season.

Bourque
Cederqvist
Maillet
Norlinder
Andersson ?
Keeper was hurt all year...

Prospects we can do without- Farrell, Durandeau, Perreault
They gonna keep Farrell for a while still.

Reactions: Tyson

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
?????? He developed many players for TB . And he was a great developper when coaching Gatineau.

I've got a feeling that Andersson, Norlinder and even Heineman will go back home to play in the SHL next season.

They gonna keep Farrell for a while still.

Heineman has another year under contract, so does Farrell.

Reactions: 1909

Jul 6, 2016
Who did he develop in TB ?

And yes with Gatineau when it wasn’t the new generations of players that where playing
He was in gatineau long enough to have two full generations to coach. And he brought them to Championships and Memorial Cup.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He was in gatineau long enough to have two full generations to coach. And he brought them to Championships and Memorial Cup.
Yes because he’s a great hockey mind and a great bench coach

But he dosen’t connect well with the new generation of hockey players and that is not something I’m telling without have it as fact

Reactions: salbutera

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
Yes because he’s a great hockey mind and a great bench coach

But he dosen’t connect well with the new generation of hockey players and that is not something I’m telling without have it as fact
He never coached in the "new" NHL because of that.

Reactions: Vachon23

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How does this team miss the playoffs in spite of us having a great prospect pool? Were the goalies that bad or was it something else

Injuries to Farrell and Heineman, injuries and call ups for Roy, Xhekaj and Barron split time between there and the NHL. Most of our top end prospects aren't on the team yet.

Houle is a bad coach.
The goaltending was bad early but was very good later, problem was that Houle couldn't organize the team or motivate them, then relied on his MIA vets despite every evidence being that Farrell etc. should have been given those reps and opportunities.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How does this team miss the playoffs in spite of us having a great prospect pool? Were the goalies that bad or was it something else

Poor roster construction
Poor defensive structure
Poor special teams

But you had a really good year for the rookies which is what you want to see. Dobes was likely their MVP, Roy might have been had they not called him up, Farrell could have been had he not missed so much time and Mailloux put up very impressive #'s.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Poor roster construction
Poor defensive structure
Poor special teams

But you had a really good year for the rookies which is what you want to see. Dobes was likely their MVP, Roy might have been had they not called him up, Farrell could have been had he not missed so much time and Mailloux put up very impressive #'s.
Farrell not higher than fourth for me, but still not terrible.

I'd like to see more from Farrell and Heineman, at least 0.85 ppg

Reactions: 1909

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Tough to both develop players well and compete in the AHL
Will be interesting to see what HuGo decide to do with Houle

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bourque
Cederqvist
Maillet
Norlinder
Andersson ?
Keeper was hurt all year...

Prospects we can do without- Farrell, Durandeau, Perreault
Cederqvist already has a deal in Sweden.

Listening to the podcast with Tony and Marcotte, Marcotte wonders if Bourque will be back, or if he'd at the end of the line. Doesn't seem to believe Maillet and Andersson will be back.

He ripped on Norlinder hard, so I imagine he's going back to Sweden.

Marcotte is expecting a better year from Farrell next year, but mentioned he's small and was hurt twice.

Doesn't seem like Keeper will be a... Keeper.

Durandeau and Perrault f***ing sucked. Durandeau I can see them not bringing back, but might give Perrault another chance because he was a 1st rounder albeit if another team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Cederqvist already has a deal in Sweden.

Listening to the podcast with Tony and Marcotte, Marcotte wonders if Bourque will be back, or if he'd at the end of the line. Doesn't seem to believe Maillet and Andersson will be back.

He ripped on Norlinder hard, so I imagine he's going back to Sweden.

Marcotte is expecting a better year from Farrell next year, but mentioned he's small and was hurt twice.

Doesn't seem like Keeper will be a... Keeper.

Durandeau and Perrault f***ing sucked. Durandeau I can see them not bringing back, but might give Perrault another chance because he was a 1st rounder albeit if another team.
They will ice another very young team, not alot of room for adding good vets which they have to do.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They will ice another very young team, not alot of room for adding good vets which they have to do.
Yeah, they mentioned the probability of Tuch, Mesar, Florian and Beck there to go along with Farrell, Heineman(if he doesn't leave for some reason), potentially Perreault and/or Durandeau, Simoneau.

So, 7- 9 players right there.

Marcotte thinks Byron will he the coach at some point in Laval. He said Bouillon was offered the job a few years ago, but doesn't want to coach.

If Paul wants the job, he's their guy/one of their guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal and Tyson

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yeah, they mentioned the probability of Tuch, Mesar, Florian and Beck there to go along with Farrell, Heineman(if he doesn't leave for some reason), potentially Perreault and/or Durandeau, Simoneau.

So, 7- 9 players right there.

Marcotte thinks Byron will he the coach at some point in Laval. He said Bouillon was offered the job a few years ago, but doesn't want to coach.

If Paul wants the job, he's there guy/one of their guys.
I mean Burrows had no experience either when he was hired for AHL right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad