2023-24 James Norris Memorial Trophy finalists: Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Cale Makar

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Would love Makar to get it; would be exceptionally (pleasantly) surprised if he does; but Hughes is due. He had a brilliant season that was a tad ahead of Makar. I don't think there's any chance Josi wins it, but he deserves an awful lot of props for what he did on a really mediocre Nashville roster. For this sort of award it does feel like season-long hype matters a lot, and Hughes/Makar dominated most of the conversations amongst NHL writers for most of the season so I expect they finish 1 and 2.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Hughes
Josi
Makar

It's been an interesting year, Hughes should win it but who knows why voters vote

Reactions: nucks88

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Playing with a 140-point generational talent helps. Hughes was the Canucks’ number one driving force for offense. Absolute bonkers possession time.
I will start by saying that Hughes should/will win and Makar would be 3rd for me. But the bolded is hilarious considering like before he hits 100 people were mocking him and now he's a generation talent.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Playing with a 140-point generational talent helps. Hughes was the Canucks’ number one driving force for offense. Absolute bonkers possession time.

I do not think you know the meaning of this word.

Hughes still wins this though.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
Its between Hughes and Josi!

I honestly thinks Josi deserves it as much as Hughes

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Poor Josi. No chance against the two hype machines but has to drag himself to the ceremony anyway.
He’s won it before and has been nominated. What’s with all this pouting on Josi? He’s rightfully recognized as a top defenseman. It’s not some travesty if Makar or Hughes wins over him nor would it be if he won.

Folks need to get off their soap box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad