Injury Report: 2023-24 Injuries Thread | LTIR: Brown, Sergachev | DTD: Johansson, Motte

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Holy crap....is Serg gonna be back for round 1?!?!

Edit: probably not, but if Tampa can get into Rd 2 there's a slightly possibility he could return
To be honest, I think it could be as soon as game 3 or 4 of round 1. Otherwise why put him in a jersey? The reason I say that is because it *appears* to be the case that Serg just snapped his bones clean like you were pulling apart a wishbone. And (rather miraculously) there was no ligament damage whatsoever. If that's the case and we're just talking about healing a clean break.... all we can do is wait on x rays and a doctor's go ahead. And it's been about 8 weeks. It's hard to say without knowing where he is at because a lot of fractures can heal in that time. But I don't know where he is at and his may take longer. Or it may not. That's why I'm saying this. There comes a point in recovery where as little as 10 more days is all you need. I'd like to hope he has reached that point but this is likely crazy optimism on my end. And we will be in the playoffs by then and that **could** be when he's ready.

If it is ANYTHING else then yeah. Maybe round 2 or so. It's actually crazier to me that there may not have been ligament damage than to see Serg on his feet again.

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
serge skating around is 100% to prevent further muscle atrophy around his injury and the ancillary muscles that provide him with stability. i mean, it's great he's skating. better than him not. but he's so far away from being even the minimum percentage of productive that would knock out even someone like fluery. it's a pipe dream. but hey, maybe we can beat boston and have some time off in between rounds after game 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad