Jul 25, 2012
If islanders try to get younger/retool

He’s got 2 more years at 5 million

Really good face off guy, right handed shot, solid defensively

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I just don't really see room in the top 9. Not if we want to add a real top 6 forward option.
I think we should go heavy the next 2 years while the young players have value contracts.

- Can prob get pageau for 3rd this year
- sign Stamkos 2 years 9 a year
- sign demelo 3 years 4.5- 5.5 a year
- bring back leason, lacombe, lindstrom

Gauthier carlsson terry
Killorn zegras Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish strome
_______ Pageau leason
Johnson
Open spot could be jones, regenda another short contract vet that kills penalties.

Mintyukov demelo
Fowler lindstrom
Zellweger gudas
Lacombe
Luneau - in ahl to start

Dostal
Look to trade gibson and bring a vet/playoff expierenced goalie in… worst case keep gibson as that

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I think we should go heavy the next 2 years while the young players have value contracts.

- Can prob get pageau for 3rd this year
- sign Stamkos 2 years 9 a year
- sign demelo 3 years 4.5- 5.5 a year
- bring back leason, lacombe, lindstrom

Gauthier carlsson terry
Killorn zegras Stamkos
Vatrano mctavish strome
_______ Pageau leason
Johnson
Open spot could be jones, regenda another short contract vet that kills penalties.

Mintyukov demelo
Fowler lindstrom
Zellweger gudas
Lacombe
Luneau - in ahl to start

Dostal
Look to trade gibson and bring a vet/playoff expierenced goalie in… worst case keep gibson as that
I would much rather go big on a guy that could be a top pairing RHD for the next 4-5 years then Demelo who has been more of a top 4/5 through his career up until now.

Would JGP even cost a 3rd? I can't imagine any other team in the league being interested in taking his full cap hit back without sending a cap dump.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Giving up a 3rd to add Pageau is nonsense. I'd rather continue to see what Lundy can do in a bottom 6 role. The top 6 is where we need the upgrade.

Reactions: Daz28

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would much rather go big on a guy that could be a top pairing RHD for the next 4-5 years then Demelo who has been more of a top 4/5 through his career up until now.

Would JGP even cost a 3rd? I can't imagine any other team in the league being interested in taking his full cap hit back without sending a cap dump.

In terms of dmen…. Tough to say demelo I was seeing as a stop gap until levshunov/yakemchuk
Potentially here assuming we go rhd at draft

It was more of an at most scenario…. Maybe a team offers more w/ retention but we dont need the retention…. And I’d assume the cap space is more valuable to them.

Giving up a 3rd to add Pageau is nonsense. I'd rather continue to see what Lundy can do in a bottom 6 role. The top 6 is where we need the upgrade.
You can address both…
Gautheir in the top 6 and Stamkos was there too

Pg is an ace in the dot, and can penalty kill…. And still score a bit. Maybe a 3rd is too generous but regardless it’s a piece that we could use and PV did want to find penalty killers/depth in the bottom 6.

hell keep Lundy and run Lundy pageau leason on 4th line most nights

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckRogers10

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

+1000 on an actual true top pair guy

Reactions: lwvs84

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If possible sure…. But how possible is it realistically?
Well there are 2 available in UFA that wont be signed by their team. That means this may be the best year there has been in recent memory.

Roy and Pesce would be the best RHD we have had on this team since Manson's peak.

Getting one of them and not forcing the kids onto the top pairing is the most important move this offseason IMO.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Well there are 2 available in UFA that wont be signed by their team. That means this may be the best year there has been in recent memory.

Roy and Pesce would be the best RHD we have had on this team since Manson's peak.

Getting one of them and not forcing the kids onto the top pairing is the most important move this offseason IMO.
Oh I agee, I just imagine teams may offer more than we’re comfortable with

I’d be shocked if 1 of those guys didn’t take the bag Utah is about to offer them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad