Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With PV saying he's adding a top 4 RD, it seems clear that Luneau will not be starting in the NHL next season as there's no space. Fowler, Gudas, Mintyukov, Zellweger, and the new RD will all play. Only one spot left with another as the 7th.

At least one of Lindstrom, LaCombe, and Vaakanainen will have to go as there's no room. IMO, all of them have some trade value with LaCombe obviously the most. It seems reasonable one of those three will be used in a trade this summer.
I think luneau is seen as the priority over lindatrom lacombe and Vaaks, if he’s healthy he’s here imo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
March and pesce or Roy and call it a day. That lineup could easily compete for a playoff spot.
March/Stamkos prob most realistic options… can get for 3 years or around that.

Reinhardt the dream option, but unlikely due to term + money demands…. But the best fit…
maybe he’s buddies with gudas /shrug

Roy is the obvious fit on defense

In terms of 4th liners I think there are a number of options

Reactions: DavidBL

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Has the board really soured on Lundy so much? I didn't believe he'd even play this year and would think the injury impacted his play for the rest of the season.
I think he’s a nhl player I just don’t see where he fits here and with what we are trying to build

Carlsson
Zegras
Mac
Vatrano
Killorn
Terry
Strome
Gauthier

These are the only forwards who should be written into the lineup in pen. That leaves four spots.
I’d have leason on that list

Color me skeptical. Verbeek (and Murray) have said they were going to do a lot of things that haven't exactly turned out as promised. I'll celebrate when top 6 RH winger and vet RHD are actually on the roster.
A lot prob depends on ask…. Do we need those things? Yes…. Are we in a place where we should be reckless in terms of cost/asset cost… prob not.

If the right deal can’t be found I think being patient is smart move and hope someone comes up as a cap causality

It’s good that he is aware of the needs and wants to address them…. But it doesn’t have to be right this instant if the prices arnt right

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Would we want to swap Gibson + Mcginn + Jones for something around Josh Anderson + Dvorak + Pezzetta? In terms of money, it would be pretty even.

Anderson would provide us with a right shooting winger. He had a bad year and is often injury prone, but he could compliment a lineup of Zegras + someone like Gauthier (or Celebrini... I know I'm dreaming) if our top two lines remain Vatrano-Mac-Strome and Killer-Leo-Terry. Dvorak's contract is horrible but at least he can win faceoffs and young enough to turn things around in a contract year. We might have to swap Pezzetta with Montembeault though, with his recent 3M+ extension he received.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Has the board really soured on Lundy so much? I didn't believe he'd even play this year and would think the injury impacted his play for the rest of the season.
He wasn't good before the injury. He had one extreme puck luck season where everything went in the net. Otherwise, at best, he's a defensive forward who doesn't provide any physicality, forechecking, or faceoff prowess. I'd honestly rather re-sign Carrick.

If the Ducks want to bring Lundestrom back as a 4th line C/LW, ok I guess. But there are better options out there. And if Verbeek wants to get some more bottom 6 scoring, Lundestrom is not the answer.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Lundestrom is not worth the amount in the qualifying offer. Let him go and some other team will pick him up for $1 million or so. That is his market value.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Would we want to swap Gibson + Mcginn + Jones for something around Josh Anderson + Dvorak + Pezzetta? In terms of money, it would be pretty even.

Anderson would provide us with a right shooting winger. He had a bad year and is often injury prone, but he could compliment a lineup of Zegras + someone like Gauthier (or Celebrini... I know I'm dreaming) if our top two lines remain Vatrano-Mac-Strome and Killer-Leo-Terry. Dvorak's contract is horrible but at least he can win faceoffs and young enough to turn things around in a contract year. We might have to swap Pezzetta with Montembeault though, with his recent 3M+ extension he received.

I'm entirely confident Gibson wouldn't accept a trade to Montreal

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Too many moving parts

Gibson won’t waive
Canadians won’t trade pezetta

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
March/Stamkos prob most realistic options… can get for 3 years or around that.

Reinhardt the dream option, but unlikely due to term + money demands…. But the best fit…
maybe he’s buddies with gudas /shrug

Roy is the obvious fit on defense

In terms of 4th liners I think there are a number of options
I think I still prefer Pesce to Roy. He's had more success on a better PK. I think he's slightly bigger too. Pretty much agree with everything else. I'd also love Tuch but can't see Buffalo moving him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think I still prefer Pesce to Roy. He's had more success on a better PK. I think he's slightly bigger too. Pretty much agree with everything else. I'd also love Tuch but can't see Buffalo moving him.
Ya Buffalo won’t and shouldn’t move tuch

As for pesce vs Roy…. I feel like teams might offer pesce 7 years and idk that I want pesce for 7+years , Roy prob lookin at 5 years

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd like to see that happen, but I'm not sure I'd bet on it.
Oh i agree, i think he should start in AHL, especially if the goal is to be a playoff team.... find a guy to play with minty/zellweger.... have fowler play with lidstrom and let lacombe be the 7th.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What about guys like
TK
Frost
Farabee

Trade may be the best option for a forward, but i think free agency is best route for defense

1 of Pesce, Roy, Demelo or Montour

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad