Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
So I was looking at the Eagles playoff schedule. AHL brackets are rather odd with uneven divisions, but the first round is Eagles vs. Abbotsford Canucks.

3 game series, and all 3 games are at Loveland. Now that's how you make the regular season matter!

Now get this, Eagles and Canucks finished the regular season tied with 87 points in 72 games, each with 40-25-5-2 records. Eagles won next tiebreakers, which I think might be RW, same as NHL now. But that was apparently part of why Eagles needed every point at the end, or they would be on the road all 3 games.

Canucks are 8-1-1 in the last 10, whereas Eagles are 5-5. Could be interesting.

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Will be interesting to keep an eye on Kovalenko and Behrens. Games are tonight, Friday, and Sunday.

But I'm guessing it will be Holm in net, and he hasn't been very good this year.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

TatteredTornNFrayed

very angry indeed
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, I haven't followed it real closely, but I think there's been quite a bit of shuffle in the affiliations in the AHL.

Looks like it's actually Provy in net tonight. Thought they wouldn't do that, but since Avs don't play again until Friday, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to give him another game after the long layoff.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Season over, Eagles lose in OT.

Expect a bunch of guys to join the team in Winnipeg ahead of Tuesday’s Game 5.
Damn. Its weird to have best of 3s to be honest. Eagles had an up and down season. I expected a bit better playoff success but the sample sizes are too small. Hopefully foudy and olausson stay healthy next year and carry the load more.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I mean, all things considered this season had to be considered a success given that there just wasn't a plethora of talent on that roster. And while there wasn't a lot of development to be had, it looks like, for now, that Justus Annunen has finally graduated to the NHL.
Ya its still a success overall. Annunen was good in his call up and "graduated", Malinski was a good call up in his short stint and may be there next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad