2023-24 Calder Memorial Trophy finalists: Connor Bedard, Brock Faber, Luke Hughes

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Good ol "Canadian boy" syndrome.

people need to stop acting so shamefully and just admit that Faber and Bedard are close. To say Bedard AINC or anything like that is being dishonest.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
So your reason he deserves it is simply your opinion that he had a better season.

Isn't that what the voters do? Vote for who, in their opinion, is the best rookie?

Faber played big minutes (top 6 in entire NHL) and against the other team's best players on a night in, night out basis. He played in all situations and to top it all off he played for 2 months with a couple of broken ribs....while Bedard sat out over 6 weeks with his injury.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Isn't that what the voters do? Vote for who, in their opinion, is the best rookie?

Faber played big minutes (top 6 in entire NHL) and against the other team's best players on a night in, night out basis. He played in all situations and to top it all off he played for 2 months with a couple of broken ribs....while Bedard sat out over 6 weeks with his injury.
Isn't playing with a brain injury is more dangerous then playing with broken ribs?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Yeah, that coward sat out with his fractured jaw.

What a loser.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I for one welcome a new era of good Hawks teams. Was worrying about some of the insufferable fans--glad to see they were merely dormant and didn't give up altogether!

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Im not calling Bedard a coward, just stating a fact that Faber played the last two months of the season with broken ribs.

I'm having a hard time seeing why that is a feather in his cap for Rookie of the Year, or why Bedard would be mentioned for missing time with a fractured jaw in the same breath.

• Haha
Reactions: IceBoxHockey

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I for one welcome a new era of good Hawks teams. Was worrying about some of the insufferable fans--glad to see they were merely dormant and didn't give up altogether!
We'll be knocking you of the playoffs every year in no time! Fret not. I look forward to reading about how underrated all of your players are again

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I'm having a hard time seeing why that is a feather in his cap for Rookie of the Year, or why Bedard would be mentioned for missing time with a fractured jaw in the same breath.
A feather in Faber's cap would be that he knows not to run into walls.

🥁

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Bedard is also one of the least-supported first overall picks ever, if not the least (along with Slaf, ironically...). Guy played with no one, missed time and still finished atop rookie scoring. I'd still give him the slight edge for that reason.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Wasn't even close to same production. And then factor in quality of teammates. Not close.

Meh, they need him to score and help score, since they have literally no one else. He'll get better at D when he is surrounded by NHL talent, not AHL players.
47 -1 16 pp point damn. Vs. 61 -44 21 pp point forward, those stats are extremely comparable.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
To be fair, some of your fellow Wild fans are being just as insufferable in this thread.

Also a couple Devils fans, which is weird seeing as LHughes doesn't stand a real chance at winning the Calder.

Reactions: rynryn and Mrfenn92

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
There's still a case for Bedard regardless of the respective hype around the players. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
To be fair, some of your fellow Wild fans are being just as insufferable in this thread.

Also a couple Devils fans, which is weird seeing as LHughes doesn't stand a real chance at winning the Calder.
No Devils fan in this thread said anything about Hughes winning the Calder. Most of them saying that Faber is closer to Bedard then many are saying.

Quit being a homer?:dunno:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No Devils fan in this thread said anything about Hughes winning the Calder. Most of them saying that Faber is closer to Bedard then many are saying.

Quit being a homer?:dunno:
If you'd rather me be less biased, then fine.

Bedard is going to win the Calder and tough shit if anyone doesn't like it; it won't change the fact he'll win the award. It's pointless bickering during a time when all of our loser teams are f***ing around golfing instead of making deep playoff runs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad