Tyler Kleven

3rd
Tyler Kleven (#25)
Belleville Senators
G: 0 | A: 1

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Belleville with a good win tonight against the Monsters taking game one of their best of 5. Belleville has a big tough team & it's paying off with Sokolov & Crookshank scoring again tonight. Kleven with a ... dare I say it ... a Monster game, he's going to be in Ottawa next yr .... no doubt about it along with Ostapchuk & maybe Sokolov who keeps finding the back of the net.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Belleville with a good win tonight against the Monsters taking game one of their best of 5. Belleville has a big tough team & it's paying off with Sokolov & Crookshank scoring again tonight. Kleven with a ... dare I say it ... a Monster game, he's going to be in Ottawa next yr .... no doubt about it along with Ostapchuk & maybe Sokolov who keeps finding the back of the net.
I agree on Kleven but I think Ostapchuk could use another half or full season to build his offensive game a bit more. I do think he can play in the NHL, but I don’t think more seasoning would hurt.

Great to see Sogaard have a strong game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This is really bad but either than highlights this the first time I've been able to watch the farm team. Soggard looks a lot better than he was in Ottawa. Also the Belleville defense are huge. I would like to see them be more physical and pound around a much smaller Cleveland team. Quite the defensive game here. Hope the B Sens game holds on...
better late than never.

Reactions: Race Dawg

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Missed this one, seems like Soggy had a really nice bounce back night.

Lots of goalies have a few bad games on the way to a championship, lets hope he has gotten his out of the way.
Is there a chance Jarventie comes back if the B-Sens continue to advance?
Don't think so. He had his surgery in early February and it was apparently an injury that he'd been dealing with for multiple years. It hasn't even been 3 months yet... even 4 months would be shockingly quick.

I haven't heard any info beyond "knee" but just based off that, I wouldn't even guarantee he will be ready for camp. Probably will, but it wouldn't be super unusual if he still requires a bit more time.

Reactions: Xspyrit

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Missed this one, seems like Soggy had a really nice bounce back night.

Lots of goalies have a few bad games on the way to a championship, lets hope he has gotten his out of the way.

Don't think so. He had his surgery in early February and it was apparently an injury that he'd been dealing with for multiple years. It hasn't even been 3 months yet... even 4 months would be shockingly quick.

I haven't heard any info beyond "knee" but just based off that, I wouldn't even guarantee he will be ready for camp. Probably will, but it wouldn't be super unusual if he still requires a bit more time.
So add Jarventie to the list of players (Norris, Chabot) who have had an ongoing injury problem for multiple years and only now are taking what seems to be finally the right step to fixing it.

Reactions: Loach

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Sokolov looks slightly quicker, or is it just me?

Not sure if he is, but I would still play him over Asslick Kubalik what an awful waste of a roster space that was.

It’s good to see Belleville doing well in the playoffs, really great for Kleven, Crookshank, Sogaard and Sokolov to show if they have achieved everything they can at this level to give themselves realistic shot at Ottawa camp.

Reactions: Bileur

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Does speed matter when he is parked in front of the net blocking the goalies vision & putting lose pucks in the net? Speed is so over rated on this board, yes very important to have some speedsters, but they don't all have to be speedsters & few teams have 20 skaters who are all speedsters. Most of them are perimeter players & some one has to go to the front of the net to tip pucks, block the goalies vision & pick up the pucks heading towards the net.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Speed isn’t just about skating, speed is also about thinking at a high level and being in the right positions at all times. That’s why players like Stone, Toffoli, or Pavelski can get away with being average to poor skaters, they know where the play is gonna be before it happens. Sokolov under no circumstances showcased any of that during his stints here, he always looked either lost or always late to the play, late to the forecheck, late to the defensive assignments, late to receive a pass, late to shoot the puck etc. Sokolov is NOT an NHL talent. He thinks and skates at AHL level.

Sokolov looks slightly quicker, or is it just me?

Once he gets going he’s not a bad skater, his issue has always been getting to that speed, and the starts and stops.

Codo37

Apr 7, 2008
Germany
Speed isn’t just about skating, speed is also about thinking at a high level and being in the right positions at all times. That’s why players like Stone, Toffoli, or Pavelski can get away with being average to poor skaters, they know where the play is gonna be before it happens. Sokolov under no circumstances showcased any of that during his stints here, he always looked either lost or always late to the play, late to the forecheck, late to the defensive assignments, late to receive a pass, late to shoot the puck etc. Sokolov is NOT an NHL talent. He thinks and skates at AHL level.

Once he gets going he’s not a bad skater, his issue has always been getting to that speed, and the starts and stops.
I think the decision making and thinking the game at a high level is not Sokolovs problem. He processes the game well, made a lot good deciosions on quick passing plays. I whatched more than half of the belleville games. Defense decison making is not good, thats when he lookes lost. Agility is not good enough. Shot & hands and passing are NHL Level. I think he has a chance to be an NHL player in agility and defense IQ will be a bit better.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Does speed matter when he is parked in front of the net blocking the goalies vision & putting lose pucks in the net? Speed is so over rated on this board, yes very important to have some speedsters, but they don't all have to be speedsters & few teams have 20 skaters who are all speedsters. Most of them are perimeter players & some one has to go to the front of the net to tip pucks, block the goalies vision & pick up the pucks heading towards the net.
Did you just add slow to your player profile?
Big, tough, slow. Sweet Jebus!

• Haha
Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
That's not how Sokolov plays, though. He's never in front of the net screening the goalie or digging for rebounds. He's always on the perimeter looking to make skill plays, which is why his even-strength production has cratered over the past few seasons.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That's not how Sokolov plays, though. He's never in front of the net screening the goalie or digging for rebounds. He's always on the perimeter looking to make skill plays, which is why his even-strength production has cratered over the past few seasons.
His production over the past few seasons has been leading the team in scoring or being second in scoring in the 4 years he has been in Belleville. It hasn't cratered it's been very consistent. 1st or 2nd in scoring each of the last four seasons & within a point. both times he was second.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
His production over the past few seasons has been leading the team in scoring or being second in scoring in the 4 years he has been in Belleville. It hasn't cratered it's been very consistent. 1st or 2nd in scoring each of the last four seasons & within a point. both times he was second.
I said his even-strength production has cratered, which it has.

21/22 - 32 EV points
22/23 - 24 EV points
23/24 - 21 EV points

This tracks with the change in his game. He used to play a lot more below the goal line, where he would control the wall and create chances off cycles. He doesn't do that anymore. The last few years he's basically been 100% perimeter and powerplay oriented.

Regardless, there's nothing impressive about 46 points in 71 games at the AHL level, especially when half of it came on the powerplay.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Codo37

Apr 7, 2008
Germany
I said his even-strength production has cratered, which it has.

21/22 - 32 EV points
22/23 - 24 EV points
23/24 - 21 EV points

This tracks with the change in his game. He used to play a lot more below the goal line, where he would control the wall and create chances off cycles. He doesn't do that anymore. The last few years he's basically been 100% perimeter and powerplay oriented.

Regardless, there's nothing impressive about 46 points in 71 games at the AHL level, especially when half of it came on the powerplay.
Belleville is a very low scoring team. Look at the goal totals compared to other teams. Hard to score many points when the Centers are Highmore (GP 43 G9 A22), Currie (GP 62 G12 A17), Ostapchuck (GP 69 G17 A11) and Chartier (GP ONLY!!! 19 G7 A6) … and then Betts ans Saulnier. None of them are good playmakers, they are all grinders. Soko is a finesse player and doesen't work well with grinders to put up points alone. So his statline is good for what is given to play with. The only playmaker is Halliday (he played 10 Games total at the end of the season) and he comes out of college … this is a player that can shine with Egor. BTW, the 10th best scorer in the whole AHL has 62 points. Only three players are over 70 points. Watch the games … stats not always tell the whole story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad