Speculation: 2023-24 Armchair GM thread

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What's the most you guys would feel comfortable giving Nylander on a contract next summer (assume cap isn't an issue and we can afford it)?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What's the most you guys would feel comfortable giving Nylander on a contract next summer (assume cap isn't an issue and we can afford it)?

I'm not really interested in Nylander. He doesn't play the game the GMBG/Evason way so he'd just be in the Fiala (formerly known as Nino's) doghouse.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not really interested in Nylander. He doesn't play the game the GMBG/Evason way so he'd just be in the Fiala (formerly known as Nino's) doghouse.

Pretend you're the GM. I'm just trying to gauge what other people think he's worth. Not what they think the market will dictate he's worth, but what they think he's worth.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Pretend you're the GM. I'm just trying to gauge what other people think he's worth. Not what they think the market will dictate he's worth, but what they think he's worth.

Even if I was the GM of the Wild I'm not interested in him. He doesn't fill any of the needs I think the team has. There are still a glaring holes at 1C, 1RD, 1LD, and 1G that need to be filled before adding a 1W. The only possible in house prospect to fill those spots is the 1G. The team has made it's bed with Kap and Boldy as their top-2 paid wings due to the dead cap and all the NTCs.

As GM of a random team without team needs, cap, etc. to consider; I'm going with somewhere between 11%-12% of the cap ~$9m-$10m x 6 with the current cap. He's a 1W, but not in the top tier of wingers.

Reactions: AKL

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Career year Nylander getting a new contract going into 28yo season, probably 10.5M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad