2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Alex Ciernik will remain in Sweden as he has found a new club for next season in Nybro Vikings after Västervik got relegated. He'll remain in the same division but in a club that was playoff caliber last season so it should be a slight step up in ambition level. Hopefully he can remain healthy as he had large part of last season spoiled by concussions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
try to win an ahl championship would be the hershey bear goal. he would help.
He wasn’t on their roster at the deadline at any rate, but I don’t know why you would do that and take time from the guys who either need it or were already there. There’s no point.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
The Phantoms win the best of 3 vs. WBS in 2 games

Fun fact: Gaucher means left-handed in French.

I went to look at his player card, thinking please please let him be right-handed.

1714476557250.png

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The Phantoms often tend to play the Bears pretty tight so despite the lopsidedness on paper, I wouldn't call this a cakewalk for the Bears.

That said, our broadcaster Zack Fisch mentioned that the Phantoms averaged 1.66 goals against Hershey in 12 games this season, and I know the Bears shut them out five times in those 12 games.

2-1 win for Hershey in game one last night.

Oh good, on top of being one of the best teams in AHL history, they received an entire team.

Would've been even better for us if they sent down Mike Sgarbossa too, a 32 year old AHL journeyman in his sixth season with Hershey who was our leading scorer when he got called up to Washington in January (?). They didn't send him down for the deadline as a "reward" for playing well with the Caps and presumably because they, for whatever reason, were worried about losing him on waivers. Instead he wound up scratched down the stretch and in the playoffs and now misses out on a possible Cup run for the second year in a row (he got hurt in the second or third game of the AHL playoffs last year and missed the rest of them).

Reactions: orangey

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Here are the highlights of game 1 of round 2. 2-1 loss to Hershey, but look at Brink flying out there. I loved that with 14 secs left he tried to go through the whole team and almost made it. Stud.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Byron Bader posted his Prospect rankings for all the teams. Flyers are 5th overall. #1 in Goalies
Ducks first because of Cu*ter Goatf*cker.

Overall

Flyers

Top 5 Prospects: Matvei Michkov, Tyson Foerster, Oliver Bonk, Bobby Brink and Emil Andrae

The Flyers pool lost a big piece in Cutter Gauthier being unwilling to sign and subsequently getting shipped out. However it still has some good pieces in it, most notably Matvei Michkov, who projects to be a superstar in the NHL when he makes his way over to North America (which could be very soon!). Outside of their top 5, Denver Barkley, selected in the 3rd round in 2023, took a big jump this past year and is a sneaky good asset for the Flyers. Philadelphia also has the best goalie pool in the league with Kolosov and/or Zavragin likely to become an NHL goalie in the future.

Kolosov vs Zavragin

Last edited:

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Byron Bader posted his Prospect rankings for all the teams. Flyers are 5th overall. #1 in Goalies
Ducks first because of Cu*ter Goatf*cker.

Overall

Flyers

Top 5 Prospects: Matvei Michkov, Tyson Foerster, Oliver Bonk, Bobby Brink and Emil Andrae

The Flyers pool lost a big piece in Cutter Gauthier being unwilling to sign and subsequently getting shipped out. However it still has some good pieces in it, most notably Matvei Michkov, who projects to be a superstar in the NHL when he makes his way over to North America (which could be very soon!). Outside of their top 5, Denver Barkley, selected in the 3rd round in 2023, took a big jump this past year and is a sneaky good asset for the Flyers. Philadelphia also has the best goalie pool in the league with Kolosov and/or Zavragin likely to become an NHL goalie in the future.

Kolosov vs Zavragin

I honestly was not aware our Prospect pool was this high? Good to see our goalie prospects are excellent.....and what to make of Barkley? Could he translate his brilliance onto the NHL?

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I honestly was not aware our Prospect pool was this high? Good to see our goalie prospects are excellent.....and what to make of Barkley? Could he translate his brilliance onto the NHL?
I'm pretty sure without Michov we would be lower middle (20's). Nothing spectacular in LHV except Brink and he probably "graduates" next year. Lycksell - who knows. He will never play enough minutes for the crap coach; is he even considered a prospect? After that they have the 2 London players. Goalies are always a crap shoot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad