Boston Bruins 2023-2024 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
There's really only one forward I'm chasing later this year and its Hertl. I'd take a flyer on Patty Kane if he came cheap.....but Hertl is my main target. He gives you some interesting choices:

Marchy-Hertl-Pasta
Zacha-Poitras-Debrusk

or
Zacha-Hertl-Pasta
Marchy-Poitras-Debrusk
I think I'd like to take a couple games to see what we have in...

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
DeBrusk-Poitras-Geekie

There's a possibility this team could sign Graf, and in the space of 6 months add two top6 centers under the age of 21, making less than $2m. Imagine that.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Not sure if the Bruins should be trading away any more assets. Let’s say they resign Debrusk, they could be going into next year with a general core of:

Zacha xxx Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Debrusk
Frederic Coyle Lysell
Lauko Beecher Geekie

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo

Ullmark
Swayman

All you need here is some rugged depth defenseman and a top 6 player. Who knows who will become available in FA but they could have a chance at Lindholm, Stamkos, Stephenson, Nylander, Reinhart

The time to be aggressive was last deadline. They should let things unfold and see who is left during FA when they have a ton of money to spend. If not, maybe then you look at the trade market.

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
DeBrusk-Poitras-Geekie

There's a possibility this team could sign Graf, and in the space of 6 months add two top6 centers under the age of 21, making less than $2m. Imagine that.
Isn’t Graf a RW?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Not sure if the Bruins should be trading away any more assets. Let’s say they resign Debrusk, they could be going into next year with a general core of:

Zacha xxx Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Debrusk
Frederic Coyle Lysell
Lauko Beecher Geekie

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo

Ullmark
Swayman

All you need here is some rugged depth defenseman and a top 6 player. Who knows who will become available in FA but they could have a chance at Lindholm, Stamkos, Stephenson, Nylander, Reinhart

The time to be aggressive was last deadline. They should let things unfold and see who is left during FA when they have a ton of money to spend. If not, maybe then you look at the trade market.

Isn’t Graf a RW?
I would even go as far as saying instead of trading assets, if they have no intention in resigning Forbort/Gryz, they should explore moving them at the deadline regardless of where they sit in the standings to recoup some picks. Neither guy should be the difference between competing or not.

Reactions: CellyHard

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Going to be keying in on Tyler Johnson tonight as a potential TDL guy to put with Frederic and Coyle. Wouldn't cost much, would just need to figure out the retention (double?) to deal with that oversized cap hit.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
DeBrusk-Poitras-Geekie

Playing top 6 at college is a helluva lot different than playing top 6 in the NHL...........

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Zacha xxx Pastrnak
Marchand Poitras Debrusk
Frederic Coyle Lysell
Lauko Beecher Geekie

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo

Ullmark
Swayman

What I like is that xxx could be a RW (and move DeBrusk to 1LW), a LW (and move Zacha to 1C) or a C like you have it.

Reactions: CellyHard

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
There's really only one forward I'm chasing later this year and its Hertl. I'd take a flyer on Patty Kane if he came cheap.....but Hertl is my main target. He gives you some interesting choices:

Marchy-Hertl-Pasta
Zacha-Poitras-Debrusk

or
Zacha-Hertl-Pasta
Marchy-Poitras-Debrusk

PREACHHHHH

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I would even go as far as saying instead of trading assets, if they have no intention in resigning Forbort/Gryz, they should explore moving them at the deadline regardless of where they sit in the standings to recoup some picks. Neither guy should be the difference between competing or not.
So Bruins are second in the Atlantic at the deadline and you’re trading two top-7 defensemen?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So Bruins are second in the Atlantic at the deadline and you’re trading two top-7 defensemen?
Absolutely at least one of them, IF they aren't planning to re-sign them.

If Boston is 2nd in the Atlantic at the deadline, do you think the difference from them winning the cup or not is going to be having Gryz or Forbort in the lineup? I think you can get an asset for Gryz, grab a cheap vet replacement and still end up with a better asset than you gave up.

Same thing for Forbort, get an asset and then maybe call up Lohrei.

If they're going to keep either guy then my opinion changes.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Marchand-Zacha-Pasta
DeBrusk-Poitras-Geekie

What are the Bruins chances of signing Graf? How would he fit in the B's prospect system?

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Hope lauko is ok but assuming he needs a little time and looch is out another game or so- who comes up? Kuntar? Topporowski? Lysell and drop geekie?

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
So far this year (short sample size) DeBrusk does not look like the player he was last year. Do the Bruins really want to give him a big chunk of their future salary cap? We'll see?

Freddy is a beast. He's scoring 25.

Reactions: Kegs and Tbaybruin

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
After what happened last year I might just want to stand pat. Play the kids. With our D and goalies who knows what can happen. Team is stronger up front than a lot of people think. We have the best goalies in the world.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It is really odd the trade value people put on Goalies. They have the single biggest impact on the game, every game they play. Yet no one would consider trading a franchise center for a Vezina caliber goaltender. Edmonton and Carolina right now are seeing the impact that poor goaltending can have. Edmonton being a Canadian market, I don't give it long before they are goalie shopping.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
It is really odd the trade value people put on Goalies. They have the single biggest impact on the game, every game they play. Yet no one would consider trading a franchise center for a Vezina caliber goaltender. Edmonton and Carolina right now are seeing the impact that poor goaltending can have. Edmonton being a Canadian market, I don't give it long before they are goalie shopping.
One of these years, we won’t have a Swayman OR Ullmark. Then, worst case (look at the Flyers, Oilers, etc.) we might not have one for a decade.

Then, and only then, will we learn. This franchise has been so unbelievably blessed with goaltending since ~2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad