Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 04.22.2024)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
good for hiim but they are really being liberal with the word 'standout'....a 23 year old, 5th year senior with 5 points in 23 games. his worse year since being a freshmen

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NCAA Selection/Conference Title weekend

today Fortescue(&Perreault?), and Mancini play in the earlier games, Kempf plays later

1711114312109.png

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Drury picking size in late rds...does this lad have a chance?

Good progression after a slow start and he's got NHL size, clearly. I think he does have a shot yes

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
So with ollas and chmelar signed when does Karpa sign?
I’m really hoping he healed up well from the skate laceration surgery.
This kids got the size+ the goods.
If he’s healthy he should really turn some heads next season in HFD.
Could be another Cuylle type steal of a player waiting in the wings.

I can’t remember when I was last excited about the amount of cheap middle and bottom 6 wingers we have in the stable….
A lot of these guys should have a really good shot to be NHL contributors in some form or another.
Berard, Sykora, chmelar, BMB, Laba, Edstrom, Rempe.
Even Othmann….
and established nhl youngsters Cuylle Kakko laf,
This is what needs to be in place so you don’t have to pay 3.6 mill for a Goodrow type player

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'll be flipping back and forth from the ECAC but I'll try to catch some of Perreault today

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
all of the attention is on Perreault but Fortescue has been phenomenal in this game.

he's been impressive. the best part about him is he's still got a long way to go in terms of physical development. he's an effortless skater...looks like kandre when he winds it up and takes the puck up ice himself. also really underrated puck skills...not going to be a big point producer but in terms of being able to receive the puck cleanly, is smooth at the blue line and makes good decisions with it, makes crisp breakout passes...exactly what you need from a defensive dman in todays game.

and what a beauty gabe just had. made several plays that shift to create chances then a silky finish on a small ice breakaway.

Reactions: JCProdigy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Othmann's had a good year but I could easily see him spending most of next year again in Hartford. He needs to clean up a bit of his play away from the puck. Also needs to go to the net more to get more goals. He relies on his shot a little too much from distance. He's more average sized but he's strong for his size at his age. Also not afraid and able to throw pretty good hits.

Brennan's not going to break in on the top two lines so these are things he'll have to do and if you look at Cuylle he's good away from the puck and more than willing to go to the net and into the corners.

I think both Roobroeck and Laba have had excellent years and are deserving of contracts.

Of our unsigned draft picks--who I'd sign:

Perreault----absolutely but inclined to sign after his sophomore year.
Laba--Yes
Roobroeck--Yes
Lamb---probably but wait another year.
Vaisanen--maybe but wait another year.
Henricks--way too early.
Tarnstrom--probably not.
Barbashev--No.
Karpa--No.
Forstescue---pretty sure but probably needs to play two more years at BC....at least one more anyway.
Mancini--Yes.
Kempf--Maybe but maybe let him finish his four years at Cornell.
Larsson---way too early.

Then there are Pajuniemi and Kjellberg. I thought Lauri was a good AHL player. Not sure he's interested in our organization anymore. Kjellberg didn't play anywhere this year.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Othmann's had a good year but I could easily see him spending most of next year again in Hartford. He needs to clean up a bit of his play away from the puck. Also needs to go to the net more to get more goals. He relies on his shot a little too much from distance. He's more average sized but he's strong for his size at his age. Also not afraid and able to throw pretty good hits.

Brennan's not going to break in on the top two lines so these are things he'll have to do and if you look at Cuylle he's good away from the puck and more than willing to go to the net and into the corners.

I think both Roobroeck and Laba have had excellent years and are deserving of contracts.

Of our unsigned draft picks--who I'd sign:

Perreault----absolutely but inclined to sign after his sophomore year.
Laba--Yes
Roobroeck--Yes
Lamb---probably but wait another year.
Vaisanen--maybe but wait another year.
Henricks--way too early.
Tarnstrom--probably not.
Barbashev--No.
Karpa--No.
Forstescue---pretty sure but probably needs to play two more years at BC....at least one more anyway.
Mancini--Yes.
Kempf--Maybe but maybe let him finish his four years at Cornell.
Larsson---way too early.

Then there are Pajuniemi and Kjellberg. I thought Lauri was a good AHL player. Not sure he's interested in our organization anymore. Kjellberg didn't play anywhere this year.
I agree on each prospect. Perreault will be even better than now with two full summers of training. Looking forward to that 2025 training camp

Reactions: eco's bones

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
CBS Sports Network has 3rd period coming up of Omaha Neb chance to see Mancini play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad