NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs - Devils to hire Sheldon Keefe as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
The league has to figure goalie interference out, pronto.

Not only is it unfair and suspicious, it's robbing the game of magic moments we endure hours of low-event games for; don't get too jubilant when your team scores. The opposing bench (and league) are looking for every reason possible for it not to count.

Marchment's disallowed goal is unbelievable.

Another ex-Bruin I'm happy for is Craig Smith, who the B's loved, but was the odd man out in the Orlov/Hathaway trade.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
In the end, it didn't matter

Still, the night will come when a team wins the Cup and the Situation Room yanks it away

Yeah it went the right way in the end. No disrespect to the Avs, but they were just barely clinging on through much of OT. They can partially blame injuries, but Dallas had established their superiority and deserved to progress.

But definitely doesn't change the fact that the league needs to sort this nonsense out. Video reviews were supposed to make officiating better, instead it's worse. Surely the team owners must be irate at this point.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yeah it went the right way in the end. No disrespect to the Avs, but they were just barely clinging on through much of OT. They can partially blame injuries, but Dallas had established their superiority and deserved to progress.

But definitely doesn't change the fact that the league needs to sort this nonsense out. Video reviews were supposed to make officiating better, instead it's worse. Surely the team owners must be irate at this point.
@Aussie Bruin - Dan Shaughnessy got this quote from Harry Sinden

“I mean, you got a commissioner [Gary Bettman] who never skated in his life, so I don’t know if he understands … ”

There is no valid reason for the situation room to be in Toronto, it should be in New York like the NBA, NFL, and MLB where the leagues are all based.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The league has to figure goalie interference out, pronto.

Not only is it unfair and suspicious, it's robbing the game of magic moments we endure hours of low-event games for; don't get too jubilant when your team scores. The opposing bench (and league) are looking for every reason possible for it not to count.

Marchment's disallowed goal is unbelievable.

Another ex-Bruin I'm happy for is Craig Smith, who the B's loved, but was the odd man out in the Orlov/Hathaway trade.

I definitely want Dallas to win. I'd be very happy to see Smitty get a Cup.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Wow, Dallas robbed of a series winner on what looked like way less goalie interference than the Bennett play :help:

Is there some secret protect the refs original call standard in place??
I actually don’t mind GI being the call on that play at all. Goalie in his crease. Opposing forward initiates contact and sticks to him like a magnet. No opportunity to play his position.

That being said - the Bennett goal was far more egregious. Like as obvious an interference call as I’ve ever seen. Shouldn’t have been ruled a goal on the ice. Shouldn’t have required a coach’s challenge for review. Should have been two minutes to Bennett for cross checking/interference before he even had a chance to play the puck.

The problem to me is with sports betting being what it is now, I’ve grown skeptical as to intent on calls like this. That’s why the board doesn’t want anyone complaining about the officiating to the press.

I’ve always defaulted to incompetence over intent. But with some of this shit? I’m just no longer confident that f***ing up is actually what’s happening.

Reactions: Ritmo and caz16

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
@Aussie Bruin - Dan Shaughnessy got this quote from Harry Sinden

“I mean, you got a commissioner [Gary Bettman] who never skated in his life, so I don’t know if he understands … ”

There is no valid reason for the situation room to be in Toronto, it should be in New York like the NBA, NFL, and MLB where the leagues are all based.
It reminded me of the Hull goal that won the cup in Dallas. Based on 100% of the calls that year, it should have been disallowed, but no way the refs were gonna call that back when the celebration began.

As I was watching the replays last night, it was not goalie interference but I was convinced that the Situation Room was gonna uphold the call so that they didn't end the game.

My solution: Get 3 high school hockey players to review goalie interference and let them vote after 30 seconds of review. It would be better than what we have now.

As an aside, Lundquist's commentary on TNT is already getting stale. Roots for the goalie every single time. We get it, Hank.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Don't think I'll watch the remaining games in the playoffs, the refereeing in most of these series has been brutal. It's to the point that you'll be able to predict when penalties are going to happen by the way the game is playing out. I don't even know what is and isnt goalie interference any more.

Reactions: Gordoff and Grimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad