Injury Report: 2023/2024 Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Wideman finished the 22-23 season healthy so assuming the back injury was related to something that happened in the off-season

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Someone check my understanding please

Dvorak, Wideman and Price are all hurt and will be placed on IR. Players on IR still count on our cap but not on our 23 man roster.

We could place Price on off-season LTIR (like last season) so he doesn't count towards our cap but that has negative implications on how cap is accrued throughout the season and will impact next year's numbers. We're trying to wait until the regular season starts before placing Price and possibly Wideman on LTIR

We must dress a 20 man roster (league minimum) for opening night. We can paper-transaction some of our waiver exempt players (Slaf, Harris, RHP, Barron, Guhle, Xhekaj) and somehow still be cap compliant.

Am I understanding correctly?

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I know I'm reading too much into this, but pretty weird how Wideman (who absolutely would have been in Laval) suddenly gets a back injury. And I don't believe he has a history of back injuries. Not that I care, it's just weird timing. Oh well, it opens the door to more ice time.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I know I'm reading too much into this, but pretty weird how Wideman (who absolutely would have been in Laval) suddenly gets a back injury. And I don't believe he has a history of back injuries. Not that I care, it's just weird timing. Oh well, it opens the door to more ice time.

A lot of these guys are playing with persistent things that they don't have time to heal from; maybe Wideman was managing something and saw the writing on the wall and decided to actually get it healed so should he get a contract or PTO next year with another organization he can advance his career further.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Uggg

I know it's an useful thread but after last year it makes me cringe seeing it on the main page :(

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
A lot of these guys are playing with persistent things that they don't have time to heal from; maybe Wideman was managing something and saw the writing on the wall and decided to actually get it healed so should he get a contract or PTO next year with another organization he can advance his career further.
The writings been on the wall for a while for him. If he thought he had a spot, he's deluded.

Uggg

I know it's an useful thread but after last year it makes me cringe seeing it on the main page :(
So Far it's 1 page! Last year, I think they had to start a whole new website!

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005

1695908724136.png

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I don't remember exactly but didn't they say something similar to this last year and finally he missed like over 2 months?
Last year, they sidelined him during pre-season indefinitely and after he went for a MRI scan, they labelled it as an abdominal muscle strain and gave him 8 weeks off.

Reactions: EveryDay

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Enjoy this thread while it lasts, because we know by Dec it will be filled with injuries and heartbreaks soon enough.

Reactions: PhysicX

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Matheson (day to day) and Wideman (indefinitely) didn't practice today. But Dvorak is a guy who is going to be real bored soon since he's not supposed to back until November

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't remember exactly but didn't they say something similar to this last year and finally he missed like over 2 months?
They always start out day to day and we expect it to be day to day until it isn't. I'm not saying that is the case here but it certain has been a pattern we are all familiar with. Actually didn't someone's season end last year with what started out as "Non Covid" like symptoms. :laugh:

Reactions: EveryDay and Tyson

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Someone check my understanding please

Dvorak, Wideman and Price are all hurt and will be placed on IR. Players on IR still count on our cap but not on our 23 man roster.

We could place Price on off-season LTIR (like last season) so he doesn't count towards our cap but that has negative implications on how cap is accrued throughout the season and will impact next year's numbers. We're trying to wait until the regular season starts before placing Price and possibly Wideman on LTIR

We must dress a 20 man roster (league minimum) for opening night. We can paper-transaction some of our waiver exempt players (Slaf, Harris, RHP, Barron, Guhle, Xhekaj) and somehow still be cap compliant.

Am I understanding correctly?
Not entirely.

There is an active roster, and a cap compliance roster. Cap compliance is checked every day. Players unavailable due to injury count on the cap but not against the minimum 20 man active roster on game days.

Start of 2023-24 season Cap Compliance day is not a game day. There can be unavailable players on the compliance roster prvoided there is no game that day and that the reason for their unavailability is injury (and not suspension for instance). Minimum roster size for cap is 20 and maximum 23.

If we wanted to, we could go with a 20 man roster with Price being one of the 20, but we don't want to waive either of Allen or Montembeault. So we will go with a 21 man roster, including Price. We will also surely include Dvorak and probably Wideman (because even though Wideman is expendable, his cap hit is less than waiver-exempt players we can and will paper-demote for 1 day).

We could actually take on Mathieu Joseph and still waive exempt players plus Allen, Armia and Evans, and come in un der the cap, then place Price on LTIR the next day, as well as place any guys on IR that we need to, and re-shuffle the roster to whichever max 23 healthy players we want.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
so camp isn't over and we looking at:
Dvorak
Wideman
Armia
Lindstrom
Struble
Newhook

Matheson still running the 'Discomfort' narrative but expect that to escalate quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad