Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Drouin was out longer than the 1st round, and they really didn’t know when he will come back, wouldn’t they just say out indefinitely instead of out for the 1st round? They didn’t even say he’s out at least the 1st round which would suggest longer. They just said out for the 1st round, so they must know he will come back for the 2nd

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
No word on Drouin skating or even being with the team. No chance he's there for round 2 (if we make it).

Yeah f***ing sucks too. Shit luck...

If Drouin was out longer than the 1st round, and they really didn’t know when he will come back, wouldn’t they just say out indefinitely instead of out for the 1st round? They didn’t even say he’s out at least the 1st round which would suggest longer. They just said out for the 1st round, so they must know he will come back for the 2nd

Well they were 100% sure that the 1st round was it for us when they made that announcement. It was a way for them to say "out for the playoffs" without saying "out for the playoffs". Smart marketing.

• Haha
Reactions: the_fan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's the playoff Avs. Whenever they can leave a doubt they leave a doubt.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
How long have you been watching NHL playoffs?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Maybe these videos are to show the rest of the league that Landy is not very close to come back when in fact behind the scene he is already practicing pretty hard and a lot closer than we think. In case you haven't noticed I am just trying to convince myself that he is very close to a return.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I’ve been fairly obsessively watching the team since their first season in Denver and I think the only time any member of the Avs organization was ever completely honest was that time Makar shook off a penalty called in his favor.

Then they took him to the basement and he hasn’t looked the same since.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oh crap! Gabe is now stuck in reverse!!
He is testing the Back To The Future movie method. He needs to reverse skate to certain speed, so he can go the past and fix his knee.

Does anybody else think Landy looks like he’s slimmed down quite abit? Maybe it’s just that I haven’t seen him on the ice in so long.
What pics I have seen, I would agree. Cutting weight would help him to have less stress on the knee. It would make sense.

This looks very good to compared what he was couple weeks earlier.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Im not sure why you guys seem to have such insight on what’s happening. Reality is we know very little in terms of what’s to come

My pure guess, IF Landeskog comes back this playoffs, we’re likely going to have very little prep for it. He’ll be in a practice or 2 and then in the lineup. I don’t think the Avs would want opponents to be prepared or planning for it.

Is this based on the videos?
I agree with this. His whole process has been hidden. We know basically nothing.

We have seen some clips, but are these him doing max training? I doubt it.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Maybe these videos are to show the rest of the league that Landy is not very close to come back when in fact behind the scene he is already practicing pretty hard and a lot closer than we think. In case you haven't noticed I am just trying to convince myself that he is very close to a return.
Knowing how the Avs work that seems very likely.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Who sits? Kovy/Kivy?
Duhaime. I think Kiviranta has outplayed him thus far and if he's healthy I would play him above 12 on the 4th line.

The question then becomes who plays with Colton and Wood? We know Parise doesn't work there and line 2 can't be broken up right now. Which of Drouin, Nichushkin, or Rantanen goes to line 3?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Duhaime. I think Kiviranta has outplayed him thus far and if he's healthy I would play him above 12 on the 4th line.

The question then becomes who plays with Colton and Wood? We know Parise doesn't work there and line 2 can't be broken up right now. Which of Drouin, Nichushkin, or Rantanen goes to line 3?

None of them?

Drouin - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Nichushkin - Mittelstadt - Lehkonen
Wood - Colton - ???
??? - Trenin - Cogliano

??? = Parise/Duhaime/Kovalenko/Kiviranta

Of course line 2 can be broken up. You don't keep Parise on the second line lol

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

Bednar loads up.

Mikko, or Nuke aren’t going down to the 3rd line. Drouin pretty unlikely too. He’s most likely going back with Nate.

Is Parise doing that much on the second line? Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s played well relative to expectations, but Mittelstadt and Lehkonen are the ones driving that line.

I’ve always wanted to see Trenin with Colton and Wood. Then just move Cogs to 4C.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I would put Mikko to the third line. Not because he has played bad (which he obviously has), but he has more ability to carry a line than Drouin or Nuke. And you don't break up the 2nd line as long as it's working that well. It's an opportunity for Mikko to take responsibility of carrying a line, and doing so against favourable matchups.

But I doubt Bednar is going to do this, he just loves to load up the top line these days. Unless, God forbid, Landeskog somehow comes back and we can put him in the 3rd line as well.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I've been pretty disappointed in Duhaime. I think the only forward who has played all 4 games and been worse is Trenin, but you can't take out Trenin with his positional versatility.

LTCPain75

Jul 12, 2022
I would put Mikko to the third line. Not because he has played bad (which he obviously has), but he has more ability to carry a line than Drouin or Nuke. And you don't break up the 2nd line as long as it's working that well. It's an opportunity for Mikko to take responsibility of carrying a line, and doing so against favourable matchups.

But I doubt Bednar is going to do this, he just loves to load up the top line these days. Unless, God forbid, Landeskog somehow comes back and we can put him in the 3rd line as well.
Big Moose hasn't been carrying anything lately. Any bit of physical pressure and he's back to falling down again.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yeah, most likely.

It’ll be interesting to see if Kovalenko stays in tonight. Would not surprise me if Wagner drew in, though I’d prefer Kovalenko.
Hopefully, we see Kova for another game. I really want to see his game again as you have to think he was overly simplifying his game for the first time in the lineup with little to no practice with the team.

Beyond that Kiviranta has looked great so I think Deuheime likely should draw out for a game if Drouin is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad