Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It sounds like Manson had two injuries at the end of last year?

He missed the end of the regular season after twisting his ankle and reaggravating his injury, and then missed the rest of the playoffs with what was reported as a "lower body injury" which seems like it led some outlets to specify his off season surgery was on his ankle. Turns out his surgery was on a torn oblique muscle he suffered in the playoffs.

It was reported last month he's still dealing with the "lower body injury" but knowing this team, they could just be calling the oblique injury a lower body injury, so who knows.

Hopefully the ankle won't bother him again this year, but it is concerning if he didn't have surgery on it, and he's still rehabbing it. Not clear if that's the case.

The good news though is Bednar thinks he'll be healthy enough to get one pre-season game in and presumably start the regular season.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
“He had off-season surgery, his first

This part stood out to me. Poor wording or is he saying this is Josh Manson’s first ever off season surgery? Kind of surprising if that is the case. Maybe he is not as beat up yet as we believed?

Or just first surgery on his oblique?
First of several this season probably

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I hate this f***en team.
1696304557252.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
“He had off-season surgery, his first

This part stood out to me. Poor wording or is he saying this is Josh Manson’s first ever off season surgery? Kind of surprising if that is the case. Maybe he is not as beat up yet as we believed?

Or just first surgery on his oblique?

Manson said it was his first surgery ever.

“I think it was in Game 2 or 3, and I was just trying to get through Game 3, 4,” Manson said. “Then halfway through (Game) 5, I just couldn't do it anymore. It got to the point where I just I couldn't move at all.”

"I've never had surgery before, so recovering from that was a little bit different than anything I'd experienced before, but it's progressed well,” Manson said. “I've gotten to the point now where it's just kind of getting, like you said, mentally into it where I can trust everything and know that there's gonna be no issues and then I can just play my game.
” -- Ryan Boulding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad