Prospect Info: 2023-2024 In The System: Charlotte Checkers, CHL, NCAA, Europe, etc.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
5th SO on the year, and while his SV% is low, his GAA is respectable at 2.46, while winning 9 of his last 10 decisions.

They are currently 5th in the conference with less than 10 games to go. Hopefully he can get hot in the playoffs.

Been a very hot/extremely cold/hot year for the Checkers.
They were one of the best teams defensively early on, fell apart for a good 20 game stretch and now back on track.

Samoskevich has had a really promising year.
Sourdif has been playing C a lot and I think we will have 2 graduated D to NHL in the next few years with two of: Kinnunen, Benning, Balinskis and Nause.

Also our goalie pipeline is well stocked.
Knight slides up next year id assume then Guzda gets more playing time with Gerasimyuk marinating in Russia and looks ready for a full time promotion to VHL as he's got nothing to prove in MHL anymore.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Also on Knight…

He has played 41 games this year, placing him 4th overall in the AHL. Great news after his last year.

Scouts are praising Askarov so much, but he has only two more wins playing behind one of the juggernauts in that league, while Spencer is playing behind a Kinnear-coached team…

We still have high hopes for the kid !

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Devine's Denver Pioneers take the ice in a 1/2 hour in the :ff2010
I couldn't find the TV stream, but here's a radio stream. Tied at 1 about 7 minutes left in the second.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I couldn't find the TV stream, but here's a radio stream. Tied at 1 about 7 minutes left in the second.
Going to overtime, tied at 1.

Game is on ESPN 2 in the US.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Dirty areas is his game. Board battles and infront of the net.

Devine is the one prospect I have Weegar vibes from.

Like he can possibly carve out a NHL spot even as a very late draft pick.
The thing going for him is forecheckìng is one of the best parts Of his game. He does this very well. That fits this team's identity perfect right now.

Even just watching the highlights from yesterday, he looks like he'll be an NHL player. He just has that game sense

Justlou4545

Jul 14, 2007
Hialeah,Fl
Knights shutout streak ends in OT with a 1-0 loss. He had 21 saves. Seems like he’s got his mojo back.
Guys a bust, need to trade him now that he has value :sarcasm:..... people on this board fail to realize goalies take time to develop. I look forward to the future with him and think the kid will be a good one.

Reactions: VIMMM

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Guys a bust, need to trade him now that he has value :sarcasm:..... people on this board fail to realize goalies take time to develop. I look forward to the future with him and think the kid will be a good one.
I was at the game. He played really well despite not facing a ton of shots. The Islanders had a 4 on 3 powerplay in overtime but it was basically a 4 on 2 after a player on the Checkers blocked a shot and couldn't even stand on their skates. Surprised the Ref's didn't blow the play dead after the Checkers cleared the puck out of their zone but the rules on that are a bit dodgy. The Islanders goalie stole them a win , the Checkers looked like the better team most of the game. The goal the Islanders cored was a bullet top corner off a one timer , not much Knight could do. I hope he continues to get his career back on track, he seems to be trending in the right direction though.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I don't know a lot about him, I just think he's put up some good numbers, has decent size, and I like free prospects especially with our lack of picks

C's with right hand shot who puts up decent college numbers, I'm sure Zito will be interested. Our C pipeline is arguably one of our least impressive besides LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad