Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Thread title week to week on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
You can’t keep icing echl goalies behind this defense and you can’t solve the defense problem this year
1697479728999.png

Don't think that man is the answer, Todd

Reactions: Renopucker and Hoek

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
My Lightning General Discussion topic is for the love of all that is good and holy spend practice time on how to get the puck out from behind your own net. I honestly believe if everytime a D-man had the puck on his tape behind our own net if we just iced the puck we'd given up fewer goals. Other than a few breakaways I cant recall many goals against that didnt originate behind our net.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Hopefully veteran team figures it out. They looked a lot like how they normally do when they don't give a shit and a lot of the teams are way better now so they can't just do that anymore. Gotta pick up the effort and attention to detail. First game they looked like they were doing that not so much last 2. Granted Detroit and Ottawa are better teams than years past.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We aren't going to find a goalie good enough to save us from the turnovers. We dont have the assets or the money to bring in the Hasek-like goalie we would need.

We could go out and get a decent back up/poor starter, but it's a waste of assets until we clean up our break out.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
We aren't going to find a goalie good enough to save us from the turnovers. We dont have the assets or the money to bring in the Hasek-like goalie we would need.

We could go out and get a decent back up/poor starter, but it's a waste of assets until we clean up our break out.
Yup. I'd wager the fancy stats on breakouts are abysmal. And its not a matter of footspeed. All 6 of them are quick enough and experienced enough to realize where the threats are, where their partner is, whether to zip it to a player up the middle or just a high chip off the glass.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Hedman is washed. We know he isnt in his prime anymore but i didnt think he'd fall this hard off the cliff. Serg got his money and now doesn't care. Raddysh and Perbix aren't playing to expectations from their impressive playoff performances. Cernak has felt invisible, is he getting less ice time? I saw they had Hedman and Cernak for several shifts. Might need more of this.

Our Defense looks lost out there

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Hedman is washed. We know he isnt in his prime anymore but i didnt think he'd fall this hard off the cliff. Serg got his money and now doesn't care. Raddysh and Perbix aren't playing to expectations from their impressive playoff performances. Cernak has felt invisible, is he getting less ice time? I saw they had Hedman and Cernak for several shifts. Might need more of this.

Honestly last night it was the offense that should be on a milk carton. Defense is improving, offense is absolutely dismal.

I think cernak gets his minutes cut when we’re down and cooper double shifts hedman and serge to get offense going.

Edit: cernak was 4th in defenseman ice time behind Raddysh.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

TB may need to move in to host the draft before the format changes.

While TB could host the prospects under a format change, there's nothing stopping them from going to, say, Disney World. (an example Friedman has used before)

Last edited:

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019

Serge and someone said that TB i trying new defensive system and thats why they look lost sometimes at back end, I remember beginning of that seasson when we won the cup, we were bad like for first 1,5-2 months, we lost games, couldnt score and looked realy bad. At that time they also tried to play new defence system, hold the lead etc, at the beggining nothing worked, at the end we won the cup. Maybe now it is same issue. Players looks lost. 4th line dissapointing, Glendenning, I never saw him playing but people here were so hyped on him like for last few seassons,I dont see why, Merela lost. Like from all players the only two who is playing on their level is Cirelli and Hagel. I know they will figure out everything soon, get use to new system, I believe in this team :)

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
sheary i will give some time but glendening i just don’t get. sure he wins you faceoffs but what good will that do when he will make sure that our 4th line never has any offense. he would be fine as the 13th forward but idk if we even have another center

Reactions: Peacefool

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
sheary i will give some time but glendening i just don’t get. sure he wins you faceoffs but what good will that do when he will make sure that our 4th line never has any offense. he would be fine as the 13th forward but idk if we even have another center
dude is great at shot blocking/PK/faceoffs. basically a perfect 4th center. you're right that he doesnt bring much to the table offense-wise, but i think he's still valuable as a starter.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I just dont know what Sheary misses,he skates well,strong player,good shooting,but it seems like he is always on the wrong side,and makes wrong decisions with a puck. He probably needs more time to find his game here and find his place here

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

ESPN is just good for hockey. People still associate the 4 letter network with "the big thing" and legitimacy. They're marketing Bedard very well and aren't doing the "omg the Cowboiis omg the Lakers omg the Yankees" crap with anyone. It's finally hockey on a network everyone knows about and can see without any of the regular nonsense of ESPN programming

Edit: forget it not related

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Aren't they implementing Vegas' system this year? Thought there was a tweet explaining this a week ago?

If so, this is very reminiscent of the start of the 2019 season. Got rolled by Columbus in the playoffs because they played super loose. Then Coop and the staff implement a defense first, responsible scheme that took them a month or two to get used to.

Reactions: Peacefool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad