2023/2024 Champions League

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
For those that have followed, how do you feel about the PP/Shorthanded Goal Rule Changes?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For those that have followed, how do you feel about the PP/Shorthanded Goal Rule Changes?
5 on 3 seems just too crippling, other than that... Well, I like hockey as most I think most hockey fans do so I don't really see the need for a change. But if powers that be decide hockey needs more goals and changes have to be made, this is a reasonable step. Just, once again, they need to fix 5v3.

Make the second penalty 1 minute or allow the 2nd penalized player to come out of the box to make it 5v4 after a goal, whatever that may be, but currently, it's not fine. With current rules, the penalty making it 5v3 was often effectively way worse than a 5-minute major or a penalty shot.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I dont like it personaly. Dont understand the need for constantly changing the rules not only in hockey but also in football, to came with something revolutionary ....

Why changing something that is working? For me its just for the sake, that people who are in charge of this are creating the illusion that they are actually emiting some work and that they get paid. Thats all there is.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Grönborg already ruining Tappara!
since I don't follow Liiga that closey I can't say anything about roster changes but I wasn't impressed with Grönborg when he was in Zurich in contrast to what Tappola has achieved in berne so far, but I guess that's not that surprising for our finnish friends

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Tappara is leading Liiga by a good margin. But their results have been better so far than xG or Corsi suggests.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So long story short, Innsbruck is the only small league team that gets into top-16, Tappara the only team that drops out. Shockingly, good teams in the good leagues are better than those in worse ones.

• Wow
Reactions: Jukurit and Jussi

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
So long story short, Innsbruck is the only small league team that gets into top-16, Tappara the only team that drops out. Shockingly, good teams in the good leagues are better than those in worse ones.

Of course, but still one watches Rouen destroy Ilves and wonders what the heck is going on.

Reactions: BlizzardSloth

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Could it be that Tappara has other goals this season? The CHL doesn't seem to be that important. Because it's strange that the sovereign 1st place in the Liiga fails,in the CHL but the other 3 (Lukko, Ilves, Pelicans) are easily in the round of 16.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Of course, but still one watches Rouen destroy Ilves and wonders what the heck is going on.
Out of 5 Ilves' leading scorers in Liiga only Matikivi played. Some defensemen were probably missing as well.

By the way same case with Belfast beating Pardubice. It was the last matchday in the group stage after all.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
What was going on with the Pelicans? No ice or what?😂But they really want to play in the CHL. LOL

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
3 of the 8 teams in qf is from sweden,,,färjestad, växjö and skellefteå,, suprising due to how weak the swedish League is

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodman68

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Today attendance in Europe.

21 Nov 23.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad