2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
It seems potentially possible. Maybe. At some point.

I found this Q&A from JR interesting:

So JR originally said no way and apparently multiple sources close to Montgomery called to say “don’t be so sure.”

Interesting…
Sadly that sounds like something he should not have said. And can be used as evidence of tampering

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I'm more excited for Stenberg than I am Dvorsky.
I'm not even opposed to using Dvorsky as a trade chip to get the Blues a top-pairing, young D-man...even if he IS the Blues' highest drafted forward since RBA. :oops:
From an organizational standpoint due to Thomas' leveling up, #1 defenseman prospect is a significantly bigger need than top six center, and I can foresee so many more situations where the Blues could draft, sign or trade for one of those to replace Dvorsky than I can to get the #1 defenseman.

Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-Dvorsky at all, I highly doubt he'll be traded and hopefully he provides a high end 1-2 punch down the middle with Thomas in a few years. But man if we had a 18 year old #1 defenseman prospect + Lindstein + Kessel + Parayko in the org we would feel like suddenly good times are ahead given the numerous other young forwards rising up

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Someone opened the pipeline from Sweden to St. Louis. Love it! Can't wait to see how Stenberg does in camp.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I'm more excited for Stenberg than I am Dvorsky.
I'm not even opposed to using Dvorsky as a trade chip to get the Blues a top-pairing, young D-man...even if he IS the Blues' highest drafted forward since RBA. :oops:

Dvorsky will be better than Thomas. He’s going to be a 2-way stud.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Not sure I follow here. Sources close to Montgomery telling a reporter that he may want to come back to St. Louis can be used against the Blues? That quote gives zero evidence of the Blues org doing anything.
If we end up with Monty as our coach next season, I'm sure Judge Houston will crawl out of his grave to award something ridiculous to Boston.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Frank Seravalli released his Top 50 FA list with projected contracts. If these players were to get the listed contract, what players, if any, would you be interested in signing?

Panthers’ Sam Reinhart debuts as No. 1 free agent on Daily Faceoff’s Top 50 UFAs
Yikes. That’s a lot of ugly potential contracts.

Out of those, I guess Monahan? Perhaps Perron.

Free agency is a game of musical chairs though. At some point, some of these guys will look around and realize the music has stopped (the teams originally in on them have filled their roster spots with other players) and they’ll have to lower their demands and/or sign with a team they weren’t originally considering. Hopefully the Blues can take advantage of a situation or two like that. Get some cheaper low hanging fruit. But overall, I don’t expect the Blues to be very active at all in the UFA market.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't think we'll be active, but Duchene or Monahan could make sense. Depending on if we make moves, Sprong or Duclair could make sense. I don't think we should sign anyone longer than 3 years, and there is no big fish worth pursuing yet.

Reactions: BrokenFace

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I don't think we'll be active, but Duchene or Monahan could make sense. Depending on if we make moves, Sprong or Duclair could make sense. I don't think we should sign anyone longer than 3 years, and there is no big fish worth pursuing yet.

I know Dizee isn't a fan of Kyrou, so imagine him having to watch Sprong every single game... Fun times!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad