Prospect Info: 2022 World Junior Championships

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Well this year isn't nearly as fun as it could have been without Clarke and Byfield, but we still have plenty of prospects to follow!

Finland: Helenius, #20, Simontaival, #29
USA: Faber, #14
Slovakia: Chromiak, #8
Sweden: Grans, #3
Russia: Kirsanov, #20

Schedule of games: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2022 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP

Some Kings WJC coverage:
- Six Kings prospects selected to participate in 2022 World Juniors - LA Kings Insider
- World Juniors Exhibition Day is Today, Four Kings Prospects on TV

Some notable prospects for the '22 and '23 drafts:

Austria:
Marco Kasper, #19, likely top twenty pick in 2022

Canada:
Shane Wright, #15, likely #1 pick in 2022
Connor Bedard, #16, likely #1/2 pick in 2023

Czechia:
David Jiricek, #5, likely top ten pick in 2022
Jiri Kulich, #27, likely top twenty pick in 2022

Finland:
Brad Lambert, #33, likely #2 pick in 2022
Joakim Kemell, #37, likely top ten pick in 2022

Russia:
Matvei Michkov, #17, likely #1/2 pick in 2023
Danila Yurov, #24, likely top ten pick in 2022

Slovakia:
Dalibor Dvorsky, #15, likely top ten pick in 2023
Simon Nemec, #17, likely top ten pick in 2022
Juraj Slafkovsky, #20, likely top ten pick in 2022
Filip Mesar, #21, likely top twenty pick in 2022

Switzerland:
Lian Bichsel, #6, potential first round pick in 2022

United States:
Logan Cooley, #18, likely top five pick in 2022

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Grans had two assists last time i checked, and Simontaival had that cheeky move...fun stuff already!

Nice to be able to cheer against canada for all the Byfield and Clarke shenanigans.

In fairness to Canada, it is pretty clear that the Byfield decision was made by the Kings to leave him at home. There was no outrage (that I'm aware of) from LA for not selecting him.

Regarding Clarke, coach Cameron said in an interview that they picked the 8 best defensemen in spite of them all being left-handed shots. One can certainly question their talent evaluation abilities but it isn't a conspiracy against LA. If Canada was going to punish teams why would they have picked Zellweger or McTavish with Anaheim not letting Drysdale go to the tournament?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
In fairness to Canada, it is pretty clear that the Byfield decision was made by the Kings to leave him at home. There was no outrage (that I'm aware of) from LA for not selecting him.

Regarding Clarke, coach Cameron said in an interview that they picked the 8 best defensemen in spite of them all being left-handed shots. One can certainly question their talent evaluation abilities but it isn't a conspiracy against LA. If Canada was going to punish teams why would they have picked Zellweger or McTavish with Anaheim not letting Drysdale go to the tournament?

That's all I'm doing, no need to put words in my mouth.

Byfield has been banished to the bottom lines every time, and Clarke is a snub. That's it, and just having fun with it, but thank goodness you're here to set us straight.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Byfield has been banished to the bottom lines every time, and Clarke is a snub. That's it, and just having fun with it, but thank goodness you're here to set us straight.

Sorry...the use of the word "shenanigans" threw me off.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Grans had two assists last time i checked, and Simontaival had that cheeky move...fun stuff already!

Nice to be able to cheer against canada for all the Byfield and Clarke shenanigans.
Chromiak scored too. I believe he will have a better tournament this time around for 2 reasons: first he’s obviously a better all around player now. second, he’s actually gonna be relied on less and teams must put their shut down line to stop the line with Slafkovsky and Mesar, opening up Chromiak’s line with Kaslik and Myklukha.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I love that they snubbed Clarke because they questioned his defensive consistency, and yet Russia scored 4 in their first exhibition action.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels

wow-omg.gif

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Helenius has been credited with 2 goals now. First goal hit his leg or thigh. Good first game.

Reactions: kilowatt

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Just imagine, I know too soon to say, but Byfield and Helenius in the future. Behemoths down the middle. Byfield, Turcotte and Helenius hockey Gods we're not asking for much thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad