Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v8 | Next: Fri, Aug 12 | vs Cle | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Quantrill vs Berrios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Why are we shifting on a player that doesn't even have a major league hit to his name and was something like 0 for 16?

That player can run but it was potentially a double play spot. I don't mind the shift but sometimes it feels like it goes too far.

You shift based on a player's tendencies, not on the quality of the hitter. Lots of shitty hitters pull the ball a lot... you should still shift them even though they suck.

Reactions: Ale Brew

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Does anyone have any stats on how the Jay's shifting been overall?

Here are the team shift stats from this season.

Jays shift more than any other team.

Screenshot (362).png

Reactions: canucksfan

weems

Jul 3, 2008
You shift based on a player's tendencies, not on the quality of the hitter. Lots of shitty hitters pull the ball a lot... you should still shift them even though they suck.

Fair enough.
I understand why they shift and get that over a season large sample size its saving you plenty of runs, it's just super annoying to give up hits to brutal hitters that would otherwise be outs. It will not be very fun to lose some super crucial game 5 or game 7 on a soft grounder that would be a easy out but wont because we've shifted. I know it works both ways and we might save some big game with the shift.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mitch White has been a great add so far.

You don't expect him to go 7 innings but even in the shorter starts he's been incredibly reliable. Lots of scares but he always settles down and closes the door.

Very pleased with that pickup

Reactions: Habs10Habs

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Mitch White has been a great add so far.

You don't expect him to go 7 innings but even in the shorter starts he's been incredibly reliable. Lots of scares but he always settles down and closes the door.

Very pleased with that pickup

Stripling 2.0

Let's hope he takes the next step just like Stripling did.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad