Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v6 | Next: Fri, Jul 8 | @ Sea | 10:00pm ET/7:00pm PT | Stripling vs Kirby (APPLE TV ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
Damn marine layer. The balls are absolutely dying in flight duing this road trip.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
They still only have to go 45-33 the rest of the way to win 90 games, it's not like it's no doable. But yes, I don't like this team right now. I just think that once we're in the playoffs and if we can figure out our rotation, we can match up with anyone. Are you saying that at their best you would not like Gausman, Alek, and Berrios going for you in a playoff series? Especially in the early rounds?

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
They still only have to go 45-33 the rest of the way to win 90 games, it's not like it's no doable. But yes, I don't like this team right now. I just think that once we're in the playoffs and if we can figure out our rotation, we can match up with anyone. Are you saying that at their best you would not like Gausman, Alek, and Berrios going for you in a playoff series? Especially in the early rounds?
The problem with that logic is that we’d need last years version of Berrios, beginning of the season version of Gausman to accomplish what you’re suggesting. Would you be confident running with the current version of Berrios in the post season? I know I wouldn’t be. Yes if they were playing as expected we’d be looking good but unless something changes in a hurry we will not be seeing that version of them.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The problem with that logic is that we’d need last years version of Berrios, beginning of the season version of Gausman to accomplish what you’re suggesting. Would you be confident running with the current version of Berrios in the post season? I know I wouldn’t be. Yes if they were playing as expected we’d be looking good but unless something changes in a hurry we will not be seeing that version of them.

I did say at their best. But why can't they figure it out? They have a track record.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I did say at their best. But why can't they figure it out? They have a track record.
Why haven’t they figured it out yet? This team is in trouble. I appreciate your positivity and I’m sure some trades will be made to help us here but honestly you saying all they have to do is go 45-33 makes it’s sounds better than it is. They haven’t managed that to this point and they have teams coming on. We are a little lucky because the Red Sox and guardians are struggling a little lately as well but we are losing our cushion on the teams trying to catch us. Seattle being the team closest to us at the moment

Reactions: stickty111

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Oh god. I forgot that the Apple TV broadcasts mean that same repetitive beat during every commercial break. Gonna have to have the mute button handy.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ahh yes, the silly nonsense probability numbers are back.

Kirk's RBI probability here:

0-0: 20%
0-1: 21%
1-1: 24%
2-1: 15%

Because it makes total sense that it's more likely he'll record an RBI when the count gets worse, but that somehow gets chopped down by a quarter when he gets ahead in the count.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
I see the great Rogers blackout even shut down the Jays broadcast.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
They are actually stealing bases tonight, not just expecting next guy up to move them over. Seattle seemed unprepared for it. Finally....

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
full

Mar 14, 2011
Jays really just got dummied by Borucki for 2 straight extra innings, yea they deserve to lose this, I wont even be disappointed if the Mariners walk it off righ now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad