Blue Jays GDT: 2022 v4 | Next: Sun, May 29 | @ LAA | 4:00pm ET/1:00pm PT | Berrios vs Sandoval

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Kirk and Jansen I believe have only been in the same starting lineup once since the Cincinnati series. I don't know if this is management's decision or if it is Charlie's but they need to start putting both of them in the same lineup to start more often.

Reactions: Discoverer

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Kirk and Jansen I believe have only been in the same starting lineup once since the Cincinnati series. I don't know if this management's decision or if it is Charlie's but they need to start putting both of them in the same lineup to start more often.

What I don't understand is they have pinch-hit them late in games. Much easier for them to DH and come into the game if the other catcher gets injured than both out of the game and relying on Espinal to catch.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Berrios is pissing me off. Why did they sign him for 7 years? He needs to be more consistent. He was horrible today. Right now, I'd start Kikuchi over him in a playoff game and that's not good because of what the Jays committed to him. He is supposed to be a #1 pitcher type. Anyway, time to do some damage on the upcoming homestand.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I think they are pretty much a lock to be a playoff team, it's just matter of whether they can win the division or not. They cut it to 5.5 games back and the Yanks are hopefully coming back down to earth.
Yanks start might be a bit of fool's gold. Hardly anyone has had an easier schedule than them. They have played:

The Red Sox in one series
Detroit in one series
Texas in one series
KC in one series
4 series against the O's.

The only teams they've played with a better than .500 record so far have been us and the Rays, and our bats have only JUST started to wake up.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Yanks start might be a bit of fool's gold. Hardly anyone has had an easier schedule than them. They have played:

The Red Sox in one series
Detroit in one series
Texas in one series
KC in one series
4 series against the O's.

The only teams they've played with a better than .500 record so far have been us and the Rays, and our bats have only JUST started to wake up.
Even so, they've outperformed. Not saying they won't come down to Earth, because they definitely might. But you can only handle your business with whatever you get. So far, they have done just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad